Sanjay an Craig: New Nick series

mr3urious

Reaction score
Turns out Dolph Lundgren really is the founder of the town Lundgren, big surprise. And he is played by himself as an immortal god, along with Huggle Bunny. And the town celebrates Huggle Day in honor of the latter's rescue of the former.

And I love how the whole "the spirit of the holiday is about giving, not getting" gets parodied a bit by the townsfolk giving each other things to hurl at S&C for their double-dipping for HB's gifts.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno what to think about them giving Huggle Bunny an origin. I kinda liked him being a strange, kind of creepy recurring gag. Then again, I loved the angle of him "gettn Money" for Huggle Day presents. Plus, having HB get disappointed by Sanjay and Craig double dipping completely destroys Megan's theory of Huggle Bunny being Sanjay from the future.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Well, the most recent episode has been grosser than usual this season. Noodman (rightfully) takes Mr. Durdle to court for his unhygienic business practices for producing blueberry smoothies with his dogs, but his hypocrisy gets called out over his similarly gross production of blueberry jam involving his cat. You can argue that Durdle's stuff is cleaner, actually.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm surprised it didn't end with Mr. Durdle still selling the Smoobies and just having to put a "may contain dog vomit" disclaimer.

But I'll see Noodman's point about cat hairs in his jams. When you even visit someone who has a cat, you're going to end up eating cat hair no matter what. You inhale it, it flies all over the place... whatever you're wearing at the time attracts the stuff and washing it doesn't get it out. And of course someone's going to pet the darn animal and not wash their hands when serving you food. Of course, Noodman has a very...errr...perverse reason for it here.

Though it is kinda fun to see Noodman back to his old tricks when they started turning the character around.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Though it is kinda fun to see Noodman back to his old tricks when they started turning the character around.
It's clear that along with snakes, Noods does not like dogs, or at least Durdle's dogs. They were responsible for destroying his blueberries way back in the episode "Dog Wave", after all.

mr3urious

Reaction score
After grossing us out in the last episode, the writers now bring on the feels!

It was really sweet seeing Belle and Sanjay hang out as friends after she and her dad were offered to stay at his place, especially when they drew pictures together. Penny was also really funny in his avoidance of all the embarrassing photos of Sanjay as a youth and the upcoming video of a school pageant he was in.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really like how they added a Junior Noodman to the mix. Seems he could be set up nicely as another antagonist or some highly conflicted character that could add more depth to the series. Having them bond over Tufflips films was a great touch, and hopefully that can set something up nicely later.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really like how they added a Junior Noodman to the mix. Seems he could be set up nicely as another antagonist or some highly conflicted character that could add more depth to the series. Having them bond over Tufflips films was a great touch, and hopefully that can set something up nicely later.
And they got McLovin (and Fishlegs) to voice him! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nice to see an episode with Vijay in the spotlight again, interacting with Tufflips which he never did before. But it was great seeing how much of a bubble Tufflips lives in. It's been established that he lost all his money because he signed away his likeness to the film company that produced his money, so it's no surprise he'd think someone would hand him money for pulling a stunt.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Guts tribute episode managed to finally air. I don't have the nostalgic connection to that series as I do Double Dare (which ran in syndication for a while before it became Nick exclusive), and I only watched an episode on TeenNick. I do have a gist of what that show is about, and I enjoyed the episode based on that tiny knowledge about a show I didn't much care for. However, the thing that really steps this episode up from the Double Dare episode is making Mike O'Malley (who doesn't look a freaking thing like that anymore, by the way) absolutely insane to the point Nick's standards and Practices comes in last minute to save the day.

Also... when did Sanjay get a new friend that sounds suspiciously like Miko from TFP? Are they airing these wildly out of order or did I miss something?