Saturday Morning memories thread

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
With TV going digital, cable may be what antennas are becoming...obsolete.
What I meant is that Nick is getting first crack at some of the up and coming good cartoons such as the new X-Men one.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
What I meant is that Nick is getting first crack at some of the up and coming good cartoons such as the new X-Men one.
But they aren't specifically made-simply-for-Nick cartoons like the Nicktoons were.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not Nick... Nicktoons. Even if you have cable, there's like a 30% chance you'll even get Nicktoons. They ^&%^$ took the Spectacular Spider-Man and shoved it on the line up for next year.

And cable ain't so special. It's supposed to be about more choices? How come there are less and less choices for alternative programming?

I don't even wanna get into it, but 4Kids, sadly, is the only company even trying to hold Saturday mornings together. them and to a lesser extent DIc and CBS... it's basically just a time to throw whatever qualifies as a TVEI show and lazily lump through without effort. Thanks FCC! Thanks megamedia conglomerates!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Even if you have cable, there's like a 30% chance you'll even get Nicktoons.
Which is why it may be more beneficial to have satellite.

Xerus

Reaction score
Well that's kind of technical answer but okay. But it sucks that it's coming on that channel instead.
I remember it took many years for just Cartoon Network to come to my cable station and another long time for Nicktoons and Boomerang to come also. It does seem like the hot new cartoons are starting to air on rare cartoon channels these days.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I remember it took many years for just Cartoon Network to come to my cable station and another long time for Nicktoons and Boomerang to come also. It does seem like the hot new cartoons are starting to air on rare cartoon channels these days.
And yet, another reason for corporations to want your money. In this case, in order for you to have the stations you may want.

Xerus

Reaction score
I have found some hope for Saturday mornings. Right now, I'm getting into this new cartoon series from Australia called Animalia. A CGI series about two kids who end up in a world of talking animals. It has the kind of things I like in a cartoon. Where kids end up in strange fantasy lands. And Tom Ruegger, Sherri Stoner, and Deanna Oliver, who were the creators and writers of Animaniacs are in charge of this good series.

http://pbskids.org/animalia/