Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I like this idea....I think that we just need someone with a graphic artist background and take the pictures already done on the other posts and fancy them up and that should be enough.........since we already have some pictures on this site that are great with the replica's. We would only need permission to use a few of them to move Fozzie ahead.

Just my thoughts.

Daryl H
Agreed! I've got a couple pics I'd submit, all I'd need to change is the speech bubbles.

Get on board!
:smile:
Anthony

Telly

Reaction score
Does this mean I'd have to put Gonzo back in his tux? :concern:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Wow, I thought you folks would think I was crazy...

Telly

Reaction score
I think we all just NEED the bear. He would finish the trio (Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo), complete a duet (Kermit and Fozzie) or work well on his own!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Let me tell you a story about ME. Remember, this story is about ME and does not refer to anybody else.

Let's say I have a company that makes widgets for the many fans and collectors of widgets there are. I order 2500 widgets from a factory in China. Now, mind you, widgets are very detailed and complicated to make. But the factory does a good job and delivers all 2500 widgets to me. But then, I don't pay the factory for the widgets I've already received. Now I want to make a new batch of somewhat different widgets, say 1,000. Do you think the factory in China would be willing to make them for me when I haven't paid them for the ones I've already got in my possession? And don't you think the word would get around to other factories in China that I don't pay my bills? I think it would be very hard for me to get the next item manufactured, don't you?

Remember, this is a hypothetical story about ME and is not meant to represent any other person or entity.

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That is a very interesting and cryptic tale you have spun. I am intrigued. That is something that could potentially happen.

:shifty: I have heard current claims over at a widget-like forum that there are very few factories in China that can make their particular type of products. I initially found that statement to be odd because if there’s one thing those factories want it is business. They particularly like that specific type of company’s business because it can mean many more future contracts for all sorts of things so these factories will do a lot to get that business. This included competitively underbidding other factories.

Chinese factories make all types of widgets, whatsits and doodads. I cannot imagine many of them turning down this company’s particular type of widget unless something else was afoot. There appears to be a lot of breaks in the chain of command from marketing and finance that transcends just the manufacturing end. This makes me sad. I miss the transparent days of Ken and Palisades when even if we didn’t like the news we always knew what was up and that it was legit. :sympathy:

I'm not claiming any of this is true about this ficticious widget company, but I am saying that it does seem closer to the truth than what we have been hearing so far. Except for one bright former employee, I have always felt the runaround over there. (By the way, this widget company is not to be confused with my wijitworld site :wink:)

Davina

Reaction score
I am all for the photo barrage..Right now i've just got Kermit sitting in my living room playing with his new microphone, but we just ordered Gonzo and Animal (MR is having a rather HUGE discount on them right now, which was a nice surprise when I went to order) and should have them both by the end of the week. NOt sure how much time I'll have to "play" with them what with trying to get all of hubby's stuff ready for deployment + holiday stuff with the kids, but I'm willing and ready to do what I can! :smile:

and I hope that any such widget companies can get their little rubber ducks in a row and get things cleared up quickly and sufficently so as to get future widgets back into production.. whatever the real problems might be...

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I would love to do something like this since I do photography on the side. But with my schedule it looks highly unlikely with all the weddings and family portraits I have scheduled for this and next month. It will be interesting to see what you guys come up with though, sounds like fun. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
(By the way, this widget company is not to be confused with my wijitworld site :wink:)
Wijits are what the world needs pronto!

The world also needs Fozzie posers, or at least one at my house, but definitely some Wijits are needed.