Say it isn't so!

muppetfan620

Reaction score
Ok, now, I'm worried. Is Sesame Street on its way out? From what I just read on the forum, it sounds like it might be. Does anybody have a definitive answer on this?

I hope to goodness SS stays on the air! I think I'd go crazy make like Miss Piggy when she's mad if they take it off the air! :crazy: :mad: :cry:

Millicent

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
SST isn't going to disappear. There are new episodes about to start airing and plans are in the works for next season. But nothing lasts forever and television is ruled by profits. Sesame Street hasn't been axed, so for now it stays. How long it will continue isn't known.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think she's worried because Secret Squirrel said that Sesame Workshop ordered fewer episodes because they don't think it's as widely viewed as I feel sure that it is.

fuzzyandblue

Reaction score
I refuse to believe anything on the subject unless it's from the mouth of Sesame Workshop itself (no offense to anyone here). So many various rumors and stories have circulated for ages about the plight of Sesame Street...and they've all been bogus so far.

The facts are that Sesame Street is still winning awards and praise and viewership as one of the best shows out there for children. Sadly, another fact is that it has been on since '69 and it is only natural that it will end someday (I just live in my cozy world of denial that it will never end). I met Emilio Delgado (Luis and also a writer) a few years ago and had a GREAT conversation with him. He said that he had no idea how much longer they'd continue to create Sesame Street, but that he felt honored to be part of it, and hope they continued as long as they could. I took that a an encouraging statement. :0)

Now, all that said, I did get pretty nervous when this past season has been running for a year and a half --I was afraid this was a sign of the end, but am relieved about a new season starting shortly!

I guess all we can do is enjoy every moment and episode we get right now. I've made peace with the fact that I'll never work on the show :stick_out_tongue: , and am just thrilled to be seeing my daughter's eyes light up when Ernie comes on the screen. That is just too darned cool.

Oh...and if they DO stop, I think they should start reairing all the old ones --starting with the '69 season!!! :smile:

Aaron

Reaction score
they could do that but...

bb looks different they dont want to confuse the kids

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I agree with that. They might also get confused by an orange Oscar, a different Gordon, etc.

If they're going to do reruns, maybe they should at least start from the 70s or 80s or something like that.

furryfella

Reaction score
ITA if SS did start again then go back to the mid 70's early 80's so the kids won't get so confused:wink:

Aaron

Reaction score
ss could go on for a long time new performers could keep this series going for a long time

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah but it would lose the spirit eventually

Sarah

muppetfan620

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Fozziebear hit the nail right on the head when he said that the reason he thought I was worred was because fewer episodes had been ordered this year. That's it exactly. :smile:

Millicent