Aaron

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
yeah but it would lose the spirit eventually

Sarah
true true i think another five years

gymkatarules

Reaction score
I think the new Sesame Street seasons are okay, but I really only watch them at any given time to see older bits. If they slowed or even stopped making new shows and only aired reruns, you wouldn't hear me complain. Still, it would be sad to see it go. Someone should just start a channel devoted to Henson stuff. There'd be a lot more variety day to day than one might imagine. It would be awesome.

-Chris

CookieFan

Reaction score
Speaking of the older bits, I'm glad that Play With Me Sesame plays a lot of older clips, esp. musical numbers (finally saw the Fuzzy and Blue (and Orange) skit on PWMS!) and Ernie & Bert skits. Does anyone know how many new episodes were made for this upcoming season?

fuzzyandblue

Reaction score
>I agree with that. They might also get confused by an orange Oscar, a different Gordon, etc.

Yeah, okay --you guys took me literally? hee hee Just more of my fantasy world. I think kids would be confused by way more than that too --like EVERYTHING from the 70's. :0) And why nobody can see Snuffy and where's Telly and so on and so on.

But really, they could go from the 90's to current ones. I don't think things are THAT different. Maybe just skip the short venture "around the block" too.

I'm just so jealous of all of you with Noggin and all these other great things showing old Muppet and SS stuff. Sigh --none of that up here in Canada. Of course, they finally brought Baked Ruffles here, so maybe there's hope! LOLOL

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by fuzzyandblue
I refuse to believe anything on the subject unless it's from the mouth of Sesame Workshop itself
If you knew who Secret Squirrel was you'd probably change your mind about that ! I kinda think he's very well connected .... I think i'd rather that Sesame went out on a high than just dragged itself down completely. I guess they'll see how this year goes when they decide whether to make the next.

I don't think it'll ever be off the screens though - so many shows to re-run all over the world. I also don't think it'd be the end of the characters in original production, they're Sesame Workshop's livelihood - they'd just invent some new show like *gag* Elmo's World !

Hays

Reaction score
I don't think mixing seasons matters to kids - look at Mr. Rogers

They're now showing episodes from the late 80's, back when his hair still was salt-and-pepper. My son doesn't care.

I do like that they seem to be keeping individual seasons together, and I think that's the key - show 1 "new" season, and 1 "old" season and mix them up so we don't all die of boredom when we see the same episode for the millionth time!

fuzzyandblue

Reaction score
>If you knew who Secret Squirrel was you'd probably change your mind about that ! I kinda think he's very well connected ....

Well gosh...now I'm really intrigued! I guess I was away from this board for too long --missed out on all these knowledgable tidbits of who the muppety folks "really" are. :0) (I do remember you, though, Luke :wink: ) So got it...when Secret Squirrel speaks, those ain't just acorns he's nibbling on. wink wink.

>I think i'd rather that Sesame went out on a high than just dragged itself down completely.

I wholeheartedly agree. I just hope we get plenty of Sesame Street for years (and generations) to come in whatever format of reairing and reassembling episodes.

And ya know... even though the thought of an actual Elmo's World show would have made me shudder just a short while ago, I would LOVE that now! If my toddler makes me watch the SAME Elmo tape and Elmo in Grouchland one more time, I'm gonna scream!! (I don't ever want to say no to a Muppet production when she asks for it) If it would mean new episodes of Elmo's World, then I'm all for it! (I'd rather have 10 straight hours of Elmo's World than 5 minutes of Barney any day :stick_out_tongue: )

Cheers

Drtooth

Reaction score
But the reaon they're losing viewers in my opinion... too LITTLE episodes. You don't get bogged down by a set back, you work harder. Make more episodes, or at least air a few from different seasons. Winners don't win by giving up or retreating, they win by trying!

Besides, I think they sunk wayyyy too much money and time into Drag On tales.......:boo: :sleep: :grouchy:

Hays

Reaction score
As whats-her-annoying-name would say - "Definitely!"

Children's shows can be immune to "going out on a low" syndrome; I think kid's performers are more invested in a single project than other performers are, and I also think that there are many people in the talent pool out there keeping it fresh. Something doesn't work, they'll come up with something to replace it...

Let's all chant: MORE EPISODES! MORE EPISODES! MORE EPISODES!

Now, call your local PBS affiliate and keep chanting!