Schoolhouse Rock, Anyone?

kyunkyua

Reaction score
I had the DVD that I would watch all the time! Great stuff. :big_grin:
My favorite as a kid was Interplanet Janet, but now I like the Adverb and Pronoun ones most.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Also bought the 30th anniversary DVD of SHR which has the specially created Electoral College song.
I still have it on VHS! And to this day whenever I count to five's that song pops up in my head! I can also recite most of the entire Preamble song as well as the Preamble itself: "Hey do y'know about the USA? Do y'know about the government? Can 'ya tell me 'bout the Constitution? Hey, learn about the USA (ding!)"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean how in seventeen and seventy-six, our founding fathers did agree.
To bring upon this land.
A new country born on the notion of liberty?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have School House Rock to thank for my knowing my multiplication tables, lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Has anyone watched anything from Earth? Ugh...this is just painful to watch :frown:
Hmm yeah kind of reminds me of something you would have seen in the '90s that even as a kid I would have found a little obnoxious. Not that they're saying anything untrue here. It's mainly just that forced "hip" factor, lol.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, don't know about the Earth Rock stuff. On a related note, I always got the video for Naughty Nine associated/confused with the premise for the Fraidycat series.
And does anyone else remember Computer Critters which aired during ABC SatAm commercial brakes?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hmm yeah kind of reminds me of something you would have seen in the '90s that even as a kid I would have found a little obnoxious. Not that they're saying anything untrue here. It's mainly just that forced "hip" factor, lol.
While I will say that what they are saying the Earth songs is true, and is at least an ok way to expose these issues to children, the quality of the songs themselves are kinda meh at best. The obnoxiousness of that one and the bad rapping just...ugh. And why did they have to spell everything? Seems like it was just to make the song three minutes :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And why did they have to spell everything? Seems like it was just to make the song three minutes :stick_out_tongue:
Well sometimes spelling with a catchy melody can help people remember a message. I know I had it my mind for a few minutes after listening, whether I wanted it there or not, lol.