Scottish Weather

anathema

Reaction score
Yeah! I came up here a little over nine years ago (went to Heriot-Watt Uni), and decided to stay :smile: I like the city, the people and the licensing laws...!

camilla

Reaction score
It's what I miss down here in manchester sitting in a proper pub until 1! I've found a few to my liking.

I do get homesick sometme
Camilla

anathema

Reaction score
I went down to London a few years ago, very hot day, and I figured the quickest way to get a cold drink was to walk into the nearest pub. Outside was a chalkboard proudly announcing "Late opening 'til 1:30am!!!".

*thinks*

"That's not late...hang on, I'm no' in Scotland any more..."

I just find it amusing that my sister and her friends have to leave the house at around 6pm in order to get a good night out before the pubs close, whereas up here we consider an 8pm start to be early. :big_grin:

anathema

Reaction score
If anyone thought my first post was a joke, well, it's a balmy 6 degrees C outside, and I've seen at least two drivers this morning in convertibles with the tops down...

camilla

Reaction score
I actually do believe you! I know what Scottish men can be like. No kacket in all bu the worst weather

Camilla

anathema

Reaction score
We had our own bagpiper in full regalia at New Years, and the neighbours decided to find out whether he was a real Scot as he stood piping in the freezing street...he was :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
How'd they find out? Mirrors on the ground, or the "lift the kilt" procedure?

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
How'd they find out? Mirrors on the ground, or the "lift the kilt" procedure?
The latter :smile: He had his hands full of bagpipes, so he couldn't do much about it!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
One halloween, Lin and I were Beetlejuice and Ghosbuster on Beale Street here in town (pics of us are at www.midsouthcartoonists.com in the photo gallery--somewhere), and we were talking about doing some kind of acting thing in the crowd (for attention!) and suddenly I hear, "'EY! AYKROYD! AYKROYD!" I turn to look and then we hear, "AY! BEETLEJUICE!!"

Suddenly, these 4 guys come running up to us, one dressed as Indiana Jones, one as JarJar Binks, and the other 2 in kilts and matching hats with tee shirts on, and they are all bloodied up.

Lin was like, "We can tell who these 2 are supposed to be, but what are you two?"

They looked at each other, threw their fists in the air and screamed, "FREEDOM!!" LOL!! Like in Braveheart if someone doesn't get it.

Well, we all ended up hanging out, and Lin asked the tallest of the "Freedom" Boys if he was a true Scot under that kilt, he said, "OH!" Ran behind the wall and came back out twirling his undies on his finger. "Tha's whot I call Freedom!" :smile: He gave his undies to some girl standing on the sidewalk.

Well, later the same guy was drunk at a local bar and missed me winning the costume contest, but he fell back in one of the booths, and this girl kept reaching toward him to lift his kilt, but never did it. She didn't see us, but Lin got a photo of her reaching to do that (I think).

They were travelling around the world after graduating college and were a BLAST to hang out with. I really liked those guys.

camilla

Reaction score
Sorry getting of tpoic. Just wanted to know as a person from Mempbis have you heard of Marti pellow??

Well it is a scottish thread

Camilla