Season 37 Press Kit

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Where's the proof that they are switching back to the Fix-It-Shop? All I hear is just talk, I want PROOF that the Fix-It-Shop is coming back

EDIT: Ooops, didn't see the second page. Yeah, I'm the one with the scale model of Sesame Street. I first built it back in 2001, and everytime the set has gone through any change, then I would make the change to the scale model. It's pretty much almost exactly how the actual street is laid out, but due to limited space, Big Bird's nest area and the alley next to it has been narrowed a bit. And yes, I have figures to set up, Big Bird, Elmo, Super Grover, Ernie, Bert, Zoe, Cookie Monster. I need more though. Did I mention I also change it during the seasons? During fall, I put up orange trees and sprinkle fake leaves across the street, during winter I put up bare trees and dump fake snow on the street. I have a photo of the set back in 2002 (back when it was still more or less a work-in-progress, I'll show you guys...

I would love to see that D'Snowth! Actually, I had plans of doing a very similar project when I thought the Sesame Street figures were going to be released. I was going to dress it up for the seasons and set up my ipod mini speakers by it to play music. Well...maybe one of these days I can still do that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I would love to see that D'Snowth! Actually, I had plans of doing a very similar project when I thought the Sesame Street figures were going to be released. I was going to dress it up for the seasons and set up my ipod mini speakers by it to play music. Well...maybe one of these days I can still do that.
The photo I found that I took back in 2002 was no good...the model was still under heavy construction, and half of the entire thing was buried in snow, lol! I'll get some more film for my instant camera, take some pics, scan em and share em with you guys.

And BEAR, I've done similar, around Halloween last year, I had my boom box set up next to it, wearing out a CD I have with spooky Halloweenish sounds to give it a more authentic feel.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Wow! Great model! It has the roof and everything!
Thanks. The roof was actually added later. The first "draft" of the model was built in 2001, but it didn't look like the actual street until around 2004, which was when I added the roof.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But that is just so unbelievably close to the real set! I mean it really looks great!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thank you very much! I try to keep it in good condition. I had to actually rebuild the whole thing last spring because it got destroyed in between moves.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I agree with you guys, that Abby is such a little cutie, I'm sure she'll be a great addition to the Sesame Street Muppet family.

But what's up with only have 7 episodes this season, or is the episode description page only like an excerpt or something?

Well anyhoo, I can't wait for the new season!

Wow! Mile and Gabi graduating from high school! I guess that means come season 38, the two will be written out of the show because they'll be off to college.

EDIT: (After watching the clips) Well, looks like there's been some more changes to the set this season, so it looks like come August in my spare time (because school will be starting), I'll have to update my scale model of Sesame Street.
And maybe they'll still remain as SS regualers. Let's not make such assumptions.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Snowthy... Lemme ask again... Is the model of the street you have in-scale with the Palisades figures of the other Muppets?
Do you work on customs of that scale and detail?
If so... I'm lookin' to hire, to help out my one-man customizing crew.
If not... The plans are to have my guy work on it, at least Big Bird's nesting area, piece by piece using the pics of the prototype facade sold on eBay and the videos of classic SS episodes I have.

LMK Snowth... Would love to quicken the pace and get things started.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I don't know how tall the Palisades figures are, but the Big Bird figure I used is about two inches.