1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Season 39 Character Questions

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by The Count, Aug 11, 2008.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Here's today's list.

Episode 4175: Slimey Adopts a Pet Bug.
    Natalie, the Bug Shelter Woman, who portrayed her?
    Fifi.
    Chauncey, Fifi's Flea.
    Sissyfus.
    The Three Ladybugs.
    Dirty, Slimey's Detroit Dirt-Digger.
    Harry, another bug.
    Harry's Owner.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I didn't get that good a look of anything this morning, however, I can telly you about the bugs.

Chauncey the flea was never actually seen. he was too small, and he wasn't even registered as a dot. Harry was also unseen, and just in a little brown box. I could have sworn that the boy who got him was Farley. It looked almost exactly like him, but with a darker green skin and dirty blond hair. he had the same eyes too, but with pink lids.

Dirty was a Pink and green beetle type bug. It had a small green head and green shell wings (like a beetle, they have to have a specific name, though. And I don't know what it is). There was a small pink joint in between his head and body. And his underbelly legs and antenna were pink as well. He also had round muppet eyes with pink lids. it looked like it was made out of wood or something a lot more solid than the regular puppets.

AS were the ladybugs. Unlike the hand puppet lady bugs, these were completely dome shaped, right down to their heads.

and the other one, the Sissyfus was a long light brown bug. I never heard of that kind of insect before... sort of looks like a cricket.
  3. The Count

Today's list.

Episode 4176: Elmo steps in for Super Grover.
    Robin, Super Chicken's Sidekick.
    The All-Animal Quartet
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Robin was the typical SS robin puppet, but with added cape and mask.
  5. Drtooth

A red mask and a blue cape with a collar to be precise.

The animal quartet (minus Baby Bear) was a Standard pig, a Black spotted cow, and a standard sheep. They wore different colored Bow-ties. And Baby Bear wore one also, which really makes me question his intelligence (He didn't realize he was in the band, BUT he was wearing a bow-tie... why else would he wear it.)

There were also 2 monsters pulling Horatio out of the sotre one of the times. The purple one with grey hair from 2 episodes ago, and a monster that looked like Murray with lighter brown fur, and blue nose and blue eye lids.

There were also a bunch of AM's in the last scene, but I didn't get too good a look at them. one was a Pumpkin AM with tossled dirty blond hair, the other was a lavender rod arms AM with glasses, teeth and black curley hair. I wonder if they're caricatures of puppeteers or anyone else.
  6. Drtooth

Zoe the Cheerleader characters...

Not really that much.

The dog Elmo was waving to at the beginning of the episode: A small light brown Scottie dog muppet.

A monster hanging out of the window of 123, watering his flowers... he was the orange monster with yellow horns and had a round blue nose.

And finally, the 2 football teams

The Sheep were 3 standard sheep muppets with blue uniforms. One of them had the helmet over his eyes.

The Penguins were, if I can recall, a mix of the standard penguins and at least one emperor penguin, and they wore orange uniforms... ironically the same colors as the pom poms that Zoe gave out BEFORE the teams asked them for assistance.
  7. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Not really a Season 39 question, but can Oscar stick his tongue out?

Also, In a sketch I saw on PWMS, 2 of Fran Brill's characters (Zoe and Prarie Dawn) Were in the same scene.It was obvisous that fran was doing prarie; as Prarie had the Main speaking part. Zoe was just a background Character; but who performed her?
  8. Drtooth

Abby and Big Bird's Sleep Over...

Fairy Delivery Person- a dark green Diamond AM with brown/orange hair. He wore a Orange uniform with an orange chauffeur's cap. And his wings were like Fly wings.

D at Luis and Maria's door- Sparkly orange D with orange female eyelids and big red lips.

13 at the door- Blue Sparkly 13, the face was on the 3, with standard eyes and thin red lips.
  9. The Count

See... Now that's the Muppet D that should've been made and packed with Ernie and Rubber Duckie. Thanks, I missed the beginning of this episode, so I didn't know about the Fairy Delivery Person. What was he there to deliver BTW?
  10. Drtooth

Abby couldn't sleep until she brushed her wings. He was sent by her mommy to deliver a wing brush.
  11. The Count

Today's list.

Episode 4173: Abby Thinks Oscar is a Prince.
    Prince Oscar
    Eric.
    Peasant Girl
    The Evil Grouch Fairy.
    Prince Oscar's Subjects
    Jack Black Chicken
  12. Drtooth

Prince Oscar was basically Oscar in prince's clothing with striaght, groomed fur. He had some fur on his chin that looked like a beard.

The Fairy Grouch person was Grundgetta as a fairy.

The subjects were, a purple rod arm am with a large orange triangle nose,blue eye lids, a long black Wario/ Dick Dastdardly mustache,short black hair and a golden paige uniform.

A Pumpkin AM with a small round red nose, and it was covered in white and red robes.

The Girl was also a purple rod armed AM with a diamond shaped head with a blue round nose, orange hair, and wearing a white maiden uniform.

And Eric was a Fat blue AM with red peasant clothes and grey/black hair. I didn't get too good of a look at him, and the PBS logo was sort of blocking his face.

And the Jack Black Chicken was the Super Chicken with Jack's goatee and mustache and black hair.
  13. The Count

Today's list.

Episode 4179: The Sesame Street Bird Games.
    Jeff Foxworthy Muppet
    Miriam Chesswick
    Megan the Chicken
    Jennifer the Chicken
    Kyle the Chicken
    Brittney the Chicken
    Tanduri the Chicken
  14. Drtooth

Jeff Foxworthy- Pumpkin AM, light brown hair, mustache and eye brows, green eye lids, wire frame glasses, cheap looking brown suit and red tie.

Miriam- lavender live hand AM with blue eye lids with lashes, small round red nose, blond "beehive" hair, ugly pink dress, ugly cheap gold earrings. I.e. stereotype of midwestern game show contestant

The Chickens
    Megan- Super Chicken
    Kyle- Black rooster
    Tandoori- small white big eyed chicken.
    Brittney and Jennifer were standard brown hens.

The number 11/letter V- orange with the eyes and sculpted in mouth on it's right side. (note, two puppets were used for the transformation... the V split at the diagonal bottom, but when turning into the 11, it had straight ends, not angled.
  15. The Count

Today's list.

Episode 4180: Elmo Wants to be Like Gordon.
    Humpty Dumpty puppets, not sure if these should be added.
    Grover's Pet Guinea Pig.
    Elmo's World: The Groucho Marx Glasses.
    Elmo's World: The Secret Word Duck.
  16. Drtooth

The Humpty Dumpty is new... he had muppet eyes with orange lids, a small white nose to match his face, his mouth opened like regular puppets, like it cut the egg in half, and a brown suit with a white shirt and collar and a big green ribbon. HE had a fake black mustache and a fake brown bald cap.

I'm sure the horses and men were used before, one knight was pink and wore a brown horse, the other was green and rose a grey horse. And they also had fake mustaches and bald caps... the Knights wore the caps on top of their helmets (!)

Gunnie Pig... well, it was basically a large blond brown wig with a small mouth flap underneath.

The glasses were Groucho glasses (the kid with the eye brows), but with a flesh toned mouth hanging out from behind the mustache, flesh toned lids on the lenses and green irises.

Secret word Duck- standard Mallard.

There was also 2 new duck puppets used in Elmo's duck song. One was the same as the standard white duck, but it had a small tuft of wispy pink hair, and it had a cool grey body.

The other was a small yellow duck with orange stripes on the sides of his eyes.
  17. The Count

Today's list.

Episode 4182: Hurry Up, You're Running Out of Time!
    Hannah, Guy Smiley's Assistant.
    Denny the Distractor (Gilbert Goddfried)
  18. Drtooth

I'll throw in the contestant (when Telly was watching) at no extra charge. I didn't get a great look at his body, but I can tell you he's a green diamond AM, with a pink tear shaped nose, light brown hair and eyebrows, and he wore Don Music's glasses.

Denny was Gilbert Gottfried, and he was wearing a wild outfit. A shirt with green and yellow checker patterns, a red vest, a large red drum on his back, and he wore a blue bike helmet with a large rubber duckie wearing a yellow rain hat on it.

And the lovely assistant Hanna was a lavender rod arm AM with long blond hair, blue lash eye lids, and a small round pink nose. She had 3 costume changes... a green small dress, a blue 2 piece bathing suit (with a pink bathing cap) and lastly a golden small dress.
  19. The Count

Today's list.

Episode 4183: María the Cowgirl.
    María the Cowgirl
    Amigo, María's Hobby Horse.
    Western Townfolk
    The Cactus
    The Tumbleweed
    Bad Duck
    Elmo's World: Wilbur the Foal
  20. Drtooth

Maria the Cowgirl was Maria in a standard Brown cowboy/girl suit with the vest and hat the same color. She had a red bandana. Her Hobby Horse was a light brown wooden painted horse with white yarn hair. Didn't look muppet like at all.

The Cactus was a large green Cactus with limbs (I don't know what the ones with limbs are called, nor do I know what the smaller round melon shaped ones are called.... anyone know a botanist?) with red eye lids and a downward arched carved in mouth.

The Tumbleweed had brown eyes with lashes, and a downward arched flap mouth.

And Bad duck was the standard white duck with a black mustache and a black hat.

I didn't notice any towns folk (nothing was shown in the story outside of the Cactus, Bad Duck, and Tumbleweed).

And I might as well add the three t's in the musical number. They were CGI, but designed by Henson.

They were all white capital T's (The band that sang it, as far as I can remember, is Plain White T's)

The first one (the singer) had blue lids, black eyebrows, and a large pink teardrop nose.

The second one (Timmy?) had a big green round nose and a small black goatee. He wore a black T shirt with the letter T on it

Tina, had a small pink round nose, and wore a purple dress, and a purple tamoshanter.