Series 8: Favorite Figure

What is your favorite action figure from series 8?

• Sam the Eagle

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Shifty-Eyed Sam the Eagle

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Usher Scooter

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Marvin Suggs

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Marvin Suggs Silver Repaint

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Dr. Phil Van Neuter

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Filo

Reaction score
Marvin Re-paint

I think the Marvin re-paint was just not necessary. I don't think they need to just keep re-painting guys. Maybe if they switched it up and put him with something other than the Muppephones or something it would have made it more popular. My vote is the Shifty-Eyed Sam. That is his signature look.

"Even birds....underneath our feathers we are NAKED! Oh....uh...." :attitude:

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
Have to say Shifty Eye Sam because of the look it has, if you do just the smallest turn to the side of the head, it is so the look Sam would give that you know he was just thinking "why me". A good set up is taking Scooter and set him next to Sam with his megaphone in his hand. Sam looking at scooter of course. Also Sam is great because he holds the podium so well, and the writing in his book is great especially the thank you notes in the book.

Gonzo's Goof

WiGgY

Reaction score
I like my fav would have to be Phil. Even though he is sticky, he really is a cool figure that can get into some really great poses. I do like Sam as well, but the eyes being crosses bug me. I preffer the bust. Now tat is a great Sam likeness.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
shifty-eyed, for best feeling of character, with marvin as a second runner up. Of course, I jsut opened phil and scooter today, so my opinion may change.

oh, I love the repaint marvin, too, but he's not the best of the series....

rexcrk

Reaction score
Sam the Eagle is my favorite out of the regular four. That's right I finally got 'em in the mail today! :smile: They're all really cool. With Sam the Eagle, you can only use one of the four stickers they give you right? And I love the copy of the Constitution that comes w/ him. Plus the speech on nudity is really funny. The podium is a perfect "mini set" to go with my overall display. Movie Usher Scooter is a great movie character. Though I do wish he had more accessories. The popcorn cart is a great looking accessory, don't get me wrong, but it isn't really "movie accurate." Two or three pairs of 3-D glasses woulda been cool. But it's still a great figure. The new head sculpt is good too. Dr. Phil Van Neuter is another awesome figure, and he certainly is tall. The wall clock is cool 'cause you can put it on the Muppet Labs playset. And the tons of flasks are neat. And the egg nog carton is a funny accessory (whether it's episode-specific I'm not sure of though). Marvin Suggs is yet another cool figure. The Muppaphones are some of the greatest accessories yet. I only had one problem with my Marvin. He snapped at the waist when I tried to move it. It just popped right off :cry: I was devastated. Other than that he's a cool toy. Overall the set's good, but there's one problem with them all. They're sticky. I'm kinda concerned about that and hopefully they'll fix it by Series 9. Other than the stickiness and the Marvin breaking thing, it's a great set! :big_grin:

caper

Reaction score
Did your Marvin fig snapped back in or is he permanently broken??

That's messed up, I was going to open all my Muppet figs when I get Pops, Lips, Swedish Chef, and Rowlf w/ backstage but now after reading how fragile these figs are I might not open them at all.

rexcrk

Reaction score
It didn't snap back in, it broke :frown: But fortunately it still stands w/o it being attached! :smile: And you definitely should open the figures if you're gonna display them. They're not fragile. I've only had a few breaks, some were my fault, a few were not my fault. The ones that were my fault were the lab table in the Muppet Labs playset and when I moved the Muppet Newsman's head the wrong way. The ones that weren't my fault were Janice's arm breaking and the Marvin incident. Other than that these are the highest quality figures I've ever had in my hands :big_grin: 'Course, if you wanna keep 'em in package that's cool too, because I'm sure looking at a mint in package collection must be awesome!

MopPuppet

Reaction score
Sam's Stickers

I put a sticker on both sides of his magnet, it works just as well.

:attitude:

WiGgY

Reaction score
My fav changed. I really like Shifty Sam now. He is great at his lecturn with his book proped up and the constitution in his had looking to the side as if glaring at a heckler or something. Very cool. I can't wait to get my Sam bust and put both Sam's on either side of it. (Yep, still no bust yet but I am hoping it will arrive today.) It's good to see some Sam merchendise out there that actually looks like him. Oh, and the sharp beak is great too. Very 80's Sam like.