Series 9: Favorite Figure

What is your favorite action figure from series 9?

• Tux Fozzie

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Pops

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Classic Swedish Chef

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Lips

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Silver-Shirt Lips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brown-Shirt Lips

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you are able to see Palisades series 9 for yourself, vote on your favorite figure of the wave. Let us know what your favorite choice was and why.

Just a note that the series 9 run was apparently very small, not unlike series 3. So don't wait to get yours.

Series 9 can be ordered on-line from EB Games, Amazon and other retailers...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2...s.shtml#series9

Our release schedule page linked above has a list of Palisades entire line.

Whatever

Reaction score
I was the first to vote! Ha! I haven't got mine yet, but my favorite is Pops. He rocks.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My personal favorite is Pops, although I do like the new Fozzie despite a couple of small faults.

I must admit my bias due to working on three out of the four figures in the wave. I did not work on Swedish Chef.

Lips was a particular challenge for the guys at Palisades. He has a mushy sort of face and wild hair that is difficult to capture in plastic. The muted hair color is the only thing that could stand improvement on the hip horn player. I was responsible for the head to toe conceptual art on the groovy dude along with numerous digital alterations. The final result is a quality figure.

Fozzie's ill-fitting hat and eye-focus are the bear's biggest problems. I'll repaint the pupils on mine when I have the time. The objective with this version was to recall the iconic 80s design from The Great Muppet Caper rather than the modern puppet and I think that was accomplished. Check the digital alteration on the back of the box to see exactly what the aim was for this figure. I like the darker coloring. The slightly crooked overbite and partially opened mouth was captured perfectly by the sculptors.

Chef is a fine figure. Softer coloring in his face and his costume sets him apart from previous versions. Muppet fruit is the added bonus.

I am very connected to Pops after drawing the initial conceptual art. I watched the credits from the Muppet Caper to understand the lower half of the old codger. My assumption was that if he would parachute wearing slippers that he pretty much wore them all the time. There were also a few facial tweaks and modifications to his glasses that make him really shine. I wish he had bicep swivel joints, but he is now my second favorite figure in the line. It just doesn't get better than that. Well, until Uncle Deadly.

Palisades deserves high praise for this wave. These are the days when most companies would slack, but they are still on the ball.

Pops A+ Chef A Lips A- Fozzie B+ :embarrassed:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I have to wait until after Christmas to shop for my Series 9, as commanded by my wife. I can only hope this means I will be receiving this series, which will be nice. Pops is the one I really, truly want in my collection though, followed by Lips. I read Michael Crawford's review and it looks like an extraordinary set.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
My favourite is pops aswell, but I also think Lips is really cool.
Apart from the silver shirt, I think its horrible and tacky!

caper

Reaction score
If Pops is the fan fave of Series 9 then why is the standard Lips sold out everywhere???

I say Lips is da man.

Tashannoc

Reaction score
When I got the set, I expected that Chef or Lips would be my favorite of the bunch, but now that I have them out on my display shelf, I have to say that I am really impressed by Pops. All of the details on him really stand out, including the slippers, and the old man pants pulled up over the belly. It seems to me that the only Lips selling out quickly is the white shirt signature version, and there is one of him per case vs. 3 Pops per case, so even if you sold 2 Pops for every 1 White Lips, Lips would sell out more quickly.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Oh wow! Pops is so cool! Excellent!

:embarrassed: actually, I didn't know what his name was until I looked at the figures.
I always wondered what his name was and never really knew.

I didn't see the Lips one listed, where's a photo of that one? :cool:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
my lips figure came with 2 record sleeves, is it supposed to have 2?

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
hey thats lucky.
It only supposed to have one with each figure.
Are the record sleeves the same or different covers?