Seriously, What do want to do when you grow up?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
heralde said:
I'm just reminded of a line from that Office Space movie, "Most people don't like their jobs." I think that's very telling. There are glamorous jobs out there, but most people won't see them. If you have the opportunity to do what you love that's great. But ultimately jobs exist so you can support yourself. I admire people who are willing to take the less than glamorous jobs in order to provide for themselves and their families.
I think there is somthing much more admirable about being selfless and doing thing's for other's because you love them rather then your own intrest in mind! Or even doing something to help someone elses dream to come true instead. I agree that doing for others and sacrifice are far more improtant than always just thinking about yourself!:smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets and heralde, you guys completely rock. You both make alot of sense and it's nice to know you guys understand!

What is happening for me is: I tried to do an animation kind of field, and I've discovered that it's not for me. My rose-coloured glasses have been forcibly removed and I realise now that it's not what I want for me (and also not what I expected). I want to change what I'm doing and try to become a teacher. It's a big change! I think that I can do it. I gotta work really hard to get in and I've got alot of pressure, trying to finish what I'm doing while getting organised for next year... It's hard to believe in yourself sometimes when you feel so mixed up, but I can't feel like I failed. I tried, I gave it an honest shot and worked my butt off! I don't quit. So now I gotta find what's right for me. Hopefully I'll be able to do that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
wow an anamartior to a teacher, well that seems to be a good switch. i really hope you become a teacher this counrty need some really good teachers. Go get them.

Skye

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I think there is something much more admirable about being selfless and doing thing's for other's because you love them rather then your own intrest in mind! Or even doing something to help someone elses dream to come true instead. I agree that doing for others and sacrifice are far more improtant than always just thinking about yourself! :smile:
I couldn't agree more. I've encountered a few people like that in my life who hate their jobs, but just want and need to take care of the people they love. And yeah, I'd bet that many people in the world are going through that. That always makes me a little sad because I wish that everyone could love what they do for a living. I guess I just wish the world was perfect, which of course, it's not. And I know that I'm never ready to give up or give in. But, if something falls through and I don't get to do something that I truly love to do, then I definitely know I want to try to be that selfless and do whatever I can to help support my family. Because in my eyes, the people you love more than everything else in the world always come first.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Ilikemuppets and heralde, you guys completely rock. You both make alot of sense and it's nice to know you guys understand!

What is happening for me is: I tried to do an animation kind of field, and I've discovered that it's not for me. My rose-coloured glasses have been forcibly removed and I realise now that it's not what I want for me (and also not what I expected). I want to change what I'm doing and try to become a teacher. It's a big change! I think that I can do it. I gotta work really hard to get in and I've got alot of pressure, trying to finish what I'm doing while getting organised for next year... It's hard to believe in yourself sometimes when you feel so mixed up, but I can't feel like I failed. I tried, I gave it an honest shot and worked my butt off! I don't quit. So now I gotta find what's right for me. Hopefully I'll be able to do that.
Mrs. Pepper, I wish you the best for whatever you may end up doing in life! But your young so you have a lot of time desideing what you want to do in life! Just take your time because it will happen for you. :smile:

Caroline, I could not agree moe with what you said you!:excited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
what grade do you wat to teach, if it was me i would ethier want to teach kendergade or high school. they are real modable at thouse grades.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
If I get a choice, I'd want to teach high school. It wouldn't be easy because there are alot of kids with problems in high school. But, for me those are the years where I remember the teachers that I had and what they taught me outside of the classroom; they've made the most impact, and hopefully I could positively impact others.