1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Anime?

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Fozzie Bear, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

http://www.worldscreen.com/newscurrent.php?filename=sesame101308.htm

I'm not crazy about this. I'd rather see actual Muppets than animated ones. A friend sent me the link. Thoughts?

2. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

SS+Anime=:confused:. It is an interesting idea though. I'm a fan of anime so i might try to see it.
  3. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I wouldn't totally call that anime style as stark graphics... After all, Anime can look like This... but it can also look like this this , this or even this

Personally, I'd see SS look sort of like Doraemon or Anpanaman or something if it were an anime...
  5. Fozzie Bear

I haven't seen any art for this yet.
  6. Drtooth

Here you go:

Elmo and Grover

Yeah, it does have sort of a Super Deformer Japanese quality to it. But more of a Hello Kitty/Badtz Maru type quality to them.
  7. Fozzie Bear

Thanks for sharing that. I think--HA HA.

Wow--that's quite simplified art, isn't it? I just don't get why they're doing this instead of making something with the puppets instead.
  8. Drtooth

Cough cough... cheaper, faster.... Easier to reuse footage... cough cough...
  9. Fozzie Bear

I'd much rather Muppeteers and Muppets doing the characters. Still, with the designs shown, I don't see it becoming more popular than the actual characters, so have no worries.
  10. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

11. Drtooth

I will say, I wouldn;t mind animated characters if they weren't Flash. not that I have anything against it... but I miss full motion in animation (or whatever came close to it for the past 20 years).

I could see animated versions of the characters co-existing with the puppet ones (like Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures or Plaza Seasamo's 90's openings and closings). As long as they co-exist. I do like how they brought back Grover's Disco fever, but the Animal confessions bit is a lot better thought out and planned out.