"Sesame Beginnings" coming to DVD in April

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
it will never have the potential of Muppet babies
That's ok, because Sesame Beginnings is not trying to be a Sesame equivalent to that type of show. A lot of people are making the comparison to Muppet Babies, but the only real common ground the two shows share are the show has baby-ized versions of Jim Henson characters. Other than that there is little else in common in the shows format and style. Sesame Beginnings is seeking a totally different audience and has a totally different mission and objective – and is going about a very different approach and format. Sesame Beginnings is not the Sesame Street version of Muppet Babies, it is a educational and entertainment tool for children ages 0-4 and their parents. Muppet Babies was an entertaining show for a slightly older demographic and had different goals and motives. If you want a "Sesame Babies" show, than this is not for you - this is Sesame Beginnings and it is totally different kind of show with a totally different market. If you are over the age of 4 (and not a caregiver of someone under 4) than you might find this show trite and "not for you". (However I would still sugest giving it one shot before you discount it completely).

Beauregard

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
That's ok, because Sesame Beginnings is not trying to be a Sesame equivalent to that type of show. A lot of people are making the comparison to Muppet Babies, but the only real common ground the two shows share are the show has baby-ized versions of Jim Henson characters. Other than that there is little else in common in the shows format and style. Sesame Beginnings is seeking a totally different audience and has a totally different mission and objective – and is going about a very different approach and format. Sesame Beginnings is not the Sesame Street version of Muppet Babies, it is a educational and entertainment tool for children ages 0-4 and their parents. Muppet Babies was an entertaining show for a slightly older demographic and had different goals and motives. If you want a "Sesame Babies" show, than this is not for you - this is Sesame Beginnings and it is totally different kind of show with a totally different market. If you are over the age of 4 (and not a caregiver of someone under 4) than you might find this show trite and "not for you". (However I would still sugest giving it one shot before you discount it completely).
Good advice. I'll try and give it a whirl, but to me at least, it lacks the...hmm...something that Sesame Street and most Muppet Productions should have. I imagine for the very young it will be good though.

BEAR

Reaction score
I am surprised to hear that it is aimed at 0-4, because it seems more like 0-2. That's just me though.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
If the series is aimed at the younger demographic, does that mean they will try to raise the age level of SS back to 4-6 year olds?

doctort13

Reaction score
My 1 year old daughter and I just watched the trailer, and she squealed with joy when she saw Baby Cookie run across the room. We'll buy both DVDs the day they come out!

Bravo Sesame Workshop!

Now how about Sesame Lounge, that shows the "retired" Sesame Muppets (S.A.M., Bruno, etc) hanging out remembering their days on "The Street". :wink:

BEAR

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
Now how about Sesame Lounge, that shows the "retired" Sesame Muppets (S.A.M., Bruno, etc) hanging out remembering their days on "The Street". :wink:
I actually think this would be an interesting idea! Have a video release with all of those lost characters discussing memories from Sesame Street. They could show their best moments. It could have Herbert Birdsfoot, Don Music, Forgetful Jones, Guy Smiley, Lefty the Salesman, SAM, Roosevelt Franklin, Betty Lou, Professor Hastings, Sherlock Hemlock...any others worth mentioning?

emily

Reaction score
These look intruiging. I'll probably buy them for my 2 year old when they come out, but I wonder if they'll be too young for him. Maybe the presence of Elmo will be enough to hold him :smile:

MopPuppet

Reaction score
Anyone notice that Big Bird's mom is the Head of the Feathered Friends from "Follow that Bird"?