"Sesame Beginnings" coming to DVD in April

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Okay, when I first saw "Sesame Beginnings" mentioned in passing my first thought was "WHEEE!!! First Episodes of Sesame Street FINALLY released!!" And then then I saw it was about Sesame Street muppet babies. I was disappointed, until I saw the promo. I'm still a little bummed that they're babifying Sesame Street characters although they've been doing that since the 80s, with merchandise. ALso, I think the puppetry is pretty cute! I like it!

Personally though, I'd love to see them do something with the Muppet Babies puppets as well someday!:smile: Maybe something like this!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I love cutesy little baby things. And I'm not ashamed to say it either! And with Madame Chairbird, wow. Yeah, they just made her not look so old around the eyes. That sounds cool. And personally I like Elmo's dad really well. I don't know he just looks out right sweet.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There's actually quite a bit of controversy in childhood development circles about this project. It's drawing a lot of criticism from child psychologists at Harvard Medical School and elsewhere. They're taking the same line as The American Academy of Pediatrics which recommends that children under two should not be watching TV. I've written some more about this here.

I think the show itself looks really cute and well produced, though I don't personally think they need to be producing videos for babies.

puppetise

Reaction score
raise the ss level to 4 to 15 plz god nah kidding it looks interesting but why is bb aunt so short and why not make it like rugratas oh how i miss rugrats

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
What I Wish the Videos were

I wish more of these videos were made, but with a much older targeted age. I like the idea of Baby (Insert Sesame Character) running around with a parent but I don't think it should be geared toward babies per se, just towards the fan base who grew up with the show and would enjoy seeing beloved characters in a new light. One random question: Shouldn't Baby Big Bird still be like 3 feet tall?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... The whole issue of whether they should be making this stuff for their target demographic aside...

The whole controversy over the pediatric value and if children that young shouldn't be watching TV or videos is completely stupid to me. Heck, was born in December of 1977, for five weeks my parents took care of me, and then we found SS. Watched it non-stop since that young an age in late January/early February 1978, learned how to write and read when I was 2 years old in December of 1979. So, to me, all these pediatric child behavioral experts can just take a flying leap.

Gah... Making a release by SS controversial when it doesn't have to be... Saying that children that young shouldn't even be watching TV... Again, Gah!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I bought them today. Just got back from Walmart and got them. I haven't watched them yet. I figured since I'm over at my sisters I'll wait until the youngest gets here and I'll watch them with her. Now i'm not saying that I don't want to watch them with her just because she's the right age for these and I would feel dumb watching them without her your wrong. I just thought I would wait for her instead of watching it twice. I'll proubly watch them over and over without her but I had a thought. Thats all. I'll let yall know if I liked them or not.