Sesame, DC: The Gotham Grouchfest

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Good things always come to those who wait patiently, my friend.:wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Just want to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about this tale of mine. I promise I'll set a date to get back to it as soon as I can, even if that includes having to put aside a few "MM" stories.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
After a few long months, another chapter of this "Sesame, DC" tale arrives. Enjoy.:smile:

Chapter Four​

What a wonderful feeling it was to be on a porkout with Kimiko, Clay, Raimundo, and Mr. Wayne, who was wearing the special outfit that he got from Mr. Fox and a black mask that hid his face very well. We others were wearing special outfits as well—special black Xiaolin uniforms that shroud our appearances, as we stood on the rooftops of Gotham City with one of our new friends from Sesame Street, Count von Count.

Gordon and that poor excuse for a cop, Flass, have entered the station.” Detective Sean Thomas said over the talkie-walkie.

“OK. We’re going in.” Mr. Wayne responded, not long before he tossed our walkie-talkie to Count. “You keep watch from these rooftops. If we don’t get back before fifteen seconds, tell Thomas and Alfred to go on without us.” That was most noble of Mr. Wayne to suggest…but it was also most troubling, seeing as how a task like the one we were going to handle would take much longer than fifteen seconds.

“I will start counting as soon as you five start climbing.” Count had promised, and as we immediately start climbing through the shadows, Count immediately started counting.

“He must really do that a lot where he comes from.” Raimundo commented, concerning Count.

“I just hope our butts are out of the room, before he gets to fifteen.” Kimiko said, and when Count was on number five, we were inside the building at the highest floor, where we spotted an old man (not as old as Master Fung, but a little close) who Mr. Wayne and Detective Thomas called Detective Gordon. When we came through the window, Detective Gordon had his back to us, giving the opportunity for Kimiko, Clay, Raimundo, and I to grab him and tie him up in the chair that he was sitting in, while Mr. Wayne turned off the lights and slammed a book that had a very peculiar title about bats on Detective Gordon’s desk.

“Don’t turn around.” Mr. Wayne told Detective Gordon from behind. I was very puzzled over the way he was pressing a stapler against his back, but I did not bother to ask any questions, seeing as how crucial our task was at the moment.

“What do you want?” Detective Gordon had asked.

“I’ve been watching. You’re a good cop. One of the few.” Mr. Wayne had replied, and then he followed with a question of his own to ask Detective Gordon, bringing up a name that I had heard all too much in recent days. “What would it take to get Falcone?”

“Carmine Falcone?” Detective Gordon remarked as if he was very surprised that Mr. Wayne brought up that name.

“He brings in shipments of drugs every week, but no one takes him down.” Mr. Wayne had said. “Why is that?”

“Because he’s paid up with the right people.” Detective Gordon had told Mr. Wayne. “Only leverage on Judge Phelan and a D.A. brave enough to prosecute would be two good ways to take down Falcone.”

“Hey, doesn’t that woman who Detective Thomas mentioned before work in the D.A.’s office? What’s her name? Rachel Dawes?” Raimundo asked, and little did he know of how much he had sucked our pillow. I could tell from the most awkward look on Detective Gordon’s face that he was beginning to suspect our appearance.

“Who are you people?” Detective Gordon had inquired.

“Watch for a sign.” Mr. Wayne had uttered, and I had no idea whatsoever by what he meant from that statement.

“Am I dealing with just one man here?” Detective Gordon had asked.

“No…We are two.” Mr. Wayne had remarked, and before I had the chance to even think about what he had said, we were untying Detective Gordon and fleeing out of the window in a divided second, climbing back onto the rooftop and joining Count, who had just finished counting to fifteen.

“Count, tell Thomas and Alfred to get the car ready, we’re…” Before Mr. Wayne could finish, a door had opened nearby, and Detective Gordon appeared with two officers.

“Uh-oh! Time to high fin!” I had yelled.

“That’s high tail, little partner!” Clay had corrected me, just as we all had run to the edge of the roof. We had seen how enormous the gap was between the rooftop we were on and the one far ahead of us, but we did not let it stop us. The six of us had leaped very high and yet we were dropping very fast, missing the top by a foot. However, we were able to grab hold of a balcony below, but it broke away after and left us dropping to the one further down. We were all very winded but felt very lucky to still be alive.

“Let’s get the heck out of here.” Kimiko said, not long before we all disappeared into the shadows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

The following morning, I went with Mr. Wayne and my friends (Dojo, Clay, Kimiko, Raimundo, Count, Oscar, and Detective Thomas) to see Mr. Fox again at Mr. Wayne’s Science of Divisions Supplied (at least, I believe that was what it was called). Mr. Fox asked Mr. Wayne if he came for more tools to do his “spelunking” with, but Mr. Wayne came for the opposite reason. He had come to get some equipment that would help him do some “base-jumping.” Though I had no idea what that was, I knew that Mr. Wayne would use the tools for other purposes.

“We’ve got suction pads, grapples, and this neat thing.” Mr. Fox had said, right before he opened a metal box and pulled out a most intimidating gun and harness.

“What’s that little toy?” Oscar the Grouch had asked, and I was quick to correct him on the way he indicated the object, telling him that it was not a toy. His only response to me was, “Shut up, lemon-head!”

“Pneumatic, magnetic grapple. Monofilament tested to 350 pounds.” Mr. Fox had said, speaking a language that I could not quite understand.

“350 pounds? That is most definitely a lot of pounds for one simple gun.” Count had said, while Mr. Wayne had felt the weight, not long before he picked up the harness that it went with.

“Too expensive for the army?” Mr. Wayne had asked, just as Mr. Fox had taken the gun away from him.

“Guess they never thought about marketing to the billionaire base-jumping, spelunking market.” Mr. Wayne could seem to sense a mocking attitude from Mr. Fox, and so did I. “Look, Mr. Wayne, if you don’t tell me what you’re really doing, then when I get asked…I don’t have to lie. But could you and your companions not treat me like an idiot please?” Mr. Wayne looked over at me, and then he looked to the others.

“Fair enough.” We had all said together, just before Kimiko walked to another part of the room and indicating another creation of Mr. Fox’s.

“What does this do?” Kimiko had asked, moving her delicate female hands through a sheet of black fabric, while Mr. Fox put on a black glove.

“Memory fabric. Dual layer polymers with variable alignment molecules.” Mr. Fox grabbed the fabric and the most remarkable thing had happened. The fabric instantly popped into the rigid shape of a small tent.

“Most intriguing!” I had said, while pushing on the tent and feeling the fascinating strength of it.

“Can it make other shapes?” Detective Thomas had asked, and with the slightest touch, Mr. Fox had made the tent collapse.

“It could be tailored to any structure based on a rigid skeleton.”

“I bet if Telly were here, he’d ask for something else shaped like a triangle.” Oscar had said, and Mr. Fox had given Mr. Wayne the black glove, allowing him to take the black fabric and flick it in a whipping motion. He had the most ponderous look on his face that was quickly wiped off, as soon as he noticed yet another interesting creation.

“What’s beneath this tarp over here?” He had asked, and we all had turned to see some type of vehicle covered by an enormous tarp that covered it at all sides, except for the huge tires.

“The Tumbler?” Mr. Fox had said, with a playful smile on his most kindly face. “Oh, you all wouldn’t be interested in that.”

“Well, in that case, can we get outta here then?” Oscar had asked, and we all had given him mean looks for nearly ruining our opportunity to see what this Tumbler was like.

A short moment later, we all were given one marvelous ride inside the Tumbler vehicle, with Mr. Wayne using billions of controls to drive it. Kimiko, Clay, Raimundo, and I were screaming (in a good way) from the twists and turns, while Mr. Fox and Detective Thomas were smiling with glee. Count von Count was gazing at the controls and counting the numbers on them, and Oscar the Grouch was hiding in his garbage can, where he was screaming not so happily.

“One hundred miles…Two hundred miles…Four hundred miles…”

“TOO MANY MILES!!!!” Oscar had yelled from within his trashcan, as Mr. Fox shouted over the loud engine.

“She was built as a bridging vehicle!” He pointed to one particular button in the vehicle. “You hit that button and it boosts her into a rampless jump!”

“It looks like it could’ve made one superb military vehicle!” Detective Thomas had complimented, also shouting over the loud engine.

“I’ll say! In combat, two of them jump a river towing cables, then ran a bailey bridge cross!” Mr. Fox had remarked. “The bridge never worked, but this baby works fine!” I still have no idea why he addressed the vehicle as an infant.

“For real!” Detective Thomas had said. “A forward-slung gunner’s driving position between our legs, video screens, electronic controls, and windows with heads-up display.” Mr. Wayne had increased the speed on the vehicle, and we burned the rubber down the road, until we came to a complete stop.

“Zero! That’s zero miles!” Count had said.

“Oh, will you shut up!” Oscar had told him.

“That was so wicked!!” Kimiko had shouted.

“Most exciting!” I had stated.

“Woo-wee! That was more fun than an old-fashioned rodeo!” Clay had exclaimed.

“Man, I’d take this thing to the beach any day of the week!” Raimundo had yelled, as Mr. Fox turned to Mr. Wayne and smiled.

“So…what do you think?” He had asked, and Mr. Wayne looked at him, smiling as well.

“Does it come in black?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Later that same day in Mr. Wayne’s bat cave, we had commenced with our plans to track down Carmine Falcone and kick his evil butt. Unfortunately, by the wishes of Mr. Wayne, we were demanded to stay in his mansion and not come with him. This was much to our displeasure, for we had assisted him in stopping Ra’s Al Ghul and saving Mr. Ducard, and we deserved the chance at helping him stop more evildoers. As he was grinding some metal object, we attempted to alter his thoughts.

“Come on, dude!” Raimundo had exclaimed. “It’s not like we hadn’t faced any dangers before. Let us come with you, man!”

“Going up against Carmine Falcone should be a task for me—and me only—to handle. It’s not like fighting other skilled warriors.” Mr. Wayne had told us, and Detective Thomas came to help in his defense.

“Besides, these guys will have guns and all sorts of other dangerous weapons in their arsenal.” Detective Thomas had mentioned. “And trust us when we say that they won’t hesitate to shoot a bunch of meddling kids…or mini-monks.” Raimundo, Kimiko, and Clay just scoffed at the warnings of Mr. Wayne and Detective Thomas, as they all stormed out of the bat cave. I was quite offended myself, but it did not stop me from asking one important question to Mr. Wayne, as he finished grinding his metal object into a most strange design.

“There is one thing that most puzzles me.” I had said to him. “Why do you choose to be the symbol of a bat?” Before Mr. Wayne could answer my question, Count and Oscar had entered and interrupted him.

“Why not a bat?” Count had asked. “They are the most thrilling creatures on the planet…and they can see in the dark.”

“Oh, gimme a break.” Oscar had uttered. “He’s choosin’ bats ‘cause they’re irritating. And what a way to chase off bad guys than to irritate them to death.”

“Is that true?” I had asked Mr. Wayne, and he simply just shook his head and grinned.

“You’re both wrong.” He had said. “Bats frighten me. And it’s time my enemies shared my dread.” Mr. Wayne took the metal object that was shaped like a bat and threw it towards the cave wall, clinging against it instantly.

“Impressive. Most impressive.” I had said.

END OF CHAPTER FOUR​

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... What's not to loveabout tis chapter...
The first encounter between the Bat and Detective Gordon, the fabric that will become the caped crusader's cape, the Tumbler!, and the firs battarang. So deliciously vonderful.

The only one of Omi's saying's I didn't translae was "sucking our pillow", is thatmeant to be "sucking our wind"?
You know,there used to be this great website based in the UK with all the villains from all the comics and TV shows, both real-life and animated series. It said that Harvey "Two-Face/Judge" Dent's wife, Grace Dent was known as the first Holiday Killer. Not familiar with that particular costumed character, but as such she targeted the elimination of the Falcone rime family in the comics.
There's a lot of buzz about the casting for the next mvie, tough they sill haven't said who'll be the new Rachael Daws and Harvey Dent. Yes, Rachael Daws will be n the sequel, The Dark Knight, bu it won't be Katy Holmes this time around.

BTW: Did you watch the KP mini-marathon tonight?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I sure did. It was awesome seeing KP back in action again on The Disney Channel. All four of the first episodes of this new fourth season were nicely done, and I think it'll be easy for fans to get used to the new relationship between Kim and Ron. I'm wondering if they'll still be using Kim's battle suit in future eps., even though Dementor took control of its functions. And I hope we see more of Camille Leon; Ashley Tisdale did a great job voicing that character.

The Count said:
The only one of Omi's saying's I didn't translae was "sucking our pillow", is thatmeant to be "sucking our wind"?
Yeah, that's a pretty tough one to figure out. But what he was actually trying to say was "blowing our cover." Where he got confused was the "blowing" part and mistakening one part of a bed with another.

And that's an interesting fact about Harvey Dent's wife. Speaking of Dent, I have heard these rumors that've been milling around, and if they do get Jake Gyllenhal (sp?) to play the role, it would be an excellent choice. As for Rachel Dawes, Katie Holmes outing herself from the sequel was a good move on her part, because the last thing we need is more controversy surrounding the franchise.

There was a poll going around on SuperHeroHype! about who should play Rachel in The Dark Knight, and one of the names mentioned was Sarah Michelle Gellar. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing her in the role, because she was a terrific Daphne in Scooby-Doo and becoming well-known in her thrillers (i.e. The Grudge).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, haven't done one of these in a loooooooong while.

1 Thanks, that explains which saying he got wrong.
2 The episode with Camille Leone was the only one of the four I missed out on. Was watching the new episode of Naruto on CN instead, as to why I couldn't skip it since it'll be repeated next week at 8:30 PM (9:30 PM local PR time) before the new episode? Cause I'll be going to the Air Supply concert next Saturday I hope.
3 If you're talking thrillers for SMG, you can't leave out the one she's best known for... Buffy the Vampire Slayer the TV series.
4 The casting rumors I'm hearing that are very close to being finalized, though nothing's set in stone yet are:
Maggy Jillenhill for the role of Rachael Daws, and
Aaron Eckhart for the role of Harvey Dent.
That last one is somewhat ironic, since he was one of the two male actors being considered to portray the Bat when Darren Aranofsky was being chatted up as the potential director of what would've been Batman 5: Batman Year 1 after his big sci-fi project, The Fountain. All of this was of course previous to WB hiring Christopher Nolan and David Goyer for the current franchise.
5 And on another note, you probably know this by now, Jaws Wheton left the Wonder Woman film he was helming and David Goyer also walked away from The Flash movie in the works. Both movies will probably go ahead but with other people running the show.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't leave out Buffy. If it weren't for that role, Daphne would no longer be known as the typical "damsel in distress" character that she was in the 60s.:smile:

I can't exactly see Jake's sister as Rachel, but Aaron Eckhart as Dent would be very interesting to see. Have you seen Thank You For Smoking yet? I've only seen one scene of that, and seeing him in a suit and tie helped me picture him as Harvey Dent. But picturing him with one side of his face disfigured is another story.

And, yes, I've heard about Goyer and Weldon being outed from The Flash and Wonder Woman. Weldon just couldn't handle taking on the WW project; he even stated that fact in one blog that he wrote a while back. Goyer, on the other hand, needs to be focusing on The Dark Knight. Shawn Levy, the man who directed Night at the Museum, will be helming the movie now. There's a poll about that on SHH! right now, and a lot of people have different feelings about it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, haven't seen that movie... But I wouldn't be able to pick Eckhart out anyway, blind batty eyes you know.
Actually, Goyer will have lots of free time on his hands, as I understand that Chris Nolan's younger brother is the master scribe for the Dark Knight script instead.

The Dark night is pretty much the one movie I'm waiting for most, will definitely go to the theater and see it with my brother and best friend when it's released next year.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I bet you guys will be doing the same for Iron Man too, eh?:wink:

Have you also been hearing about the process of Louis Leterrier's hopefully-promising Hulk "sequel"? He was on the SHH! boards the other week, answering fans' questions. I would've asked him one if I were a board member.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe, not sure... The few movies we've gone to see the last few years were...
The Lord of he Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, that was on my 24th irthday, and thn he Return of the King.
Shreck.
Spider-Man 1, though that was with my mom and uncle.
Not sure if we went to see X-Men 1 and 3 at the movie metroplex, 3 for sure.
Batman Begins
Not much others, and I haven't seen many of the other Marvel movies... Which is why I very much get a high level of entertainment from you crossover fics posted here.