Sesame Muppets on international versions of SS

muppet maniac

Reaction score
The white bird is called a dove, who also appears in a SS sketch, "Let's Do It (Let's Lay an Egg)".

I just remembered---he was also on Plaza Sesamo.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about Rosita. I was talking about the blue bird in the corn field.

Pino

Reaction score
was it a big bird too? Or a smaller muppet? :attitude:

Pino

Reaction score
goshposh said:
does england have its own version of sesame street? or do they just show the us version?
The yhave a kinda of sesame production that is broadcast inbetween the disney hour.. They have two own puppets and the rest is the regular sesamestreet gang like bert and ernie, coockie and elmo.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wait, Bert and Ernie are in Japan, somehow. My friend is from Japan, and he knows Sesame Street. He has a Bert t-shirt. Are there two different versions, or something?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Errr... to the best of my knowledge, no. Most likely Ernie and Bert, like most other SS characters seen internationally are dubbed. The international dubbers claim the characters aren't American Ernie and Bert, dubbed, but they try to make them seem like they are part of the production. But they are dubbed.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Errr... to the best of my knowledge, no. Most likely Ernie and Bert, like most other SS characters seen internationally are dubbed. The international dubbers claim the characters aren't American Ernie and Bert, dubbed, but they try to make them seem like they are part of the production. But they are dubbed.
Ah okay. So they dubb them in Japanese? That would be really interesting to see. Thanks for answering me, I had though my question would never be answered! :smile:

Pino

Reaction score
Maybe there will me alot of crossover in holland soon. This year they exist 30 years and there will be a great theatershow with a lot of the characters in it.. And if they r comming to the Netherlands, maybe they also will appear in Sesamstraat! For the whole info you can read it in the Sesame Times!

muppet maniac

Reaction score
French Sesame Street

Elmo, Narf, and the green female monster(not Phoebe, but the one with yellow pigtails---she was seen with Zoe in one of the Season 36 episodes) are on France's "5 Rue Sesame"

They also have a penguin on there, with a blue beak