1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street 2006 Macy's Parade

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by The Count, Nov 22, 2006.

1. The Count Moderator

Hey guys... Thought I'd help out those who'll be watching the parade on Thanksgiving Day tomorrow.

The parade usually starts at 9:00 AM EST. From the four years I've been watching it, I've come to clock the appearance of the Sesame Street float and Big Bird balloon after about an hour after the parade's started. So if you're tuning in solely to watch the SS cast and don't want to miss it, turn on the parade at about 9:50 AM EST and stick with it for a couple of segments. The SS float and balloon should be on the scene around 10:00 AM EST, but I'm warning you guys ahead of time so noone misses it.

Hope this helps and happy Thanksgiving!
  2. BEAR Active Member

Already got it set up for recording just incase I have to miss it while tending to other Thanksgiving things. Thanks for the heads up, Ed!
  3. The Count Moderator

Sure thing, hope others read this first and get prepared to watch the representation of our favorite New York City residents at the parade.
  4. Ilikemuppets New Member

Thanks Count! I'd also like to add to also look out for the Grover float, too. I'm so glad they gave him one!:)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, from me ,too!
  5. The Count Moderator

Saw the float and balloon just a few minutes ago. The cast sang "Just Another Sunny Day", never heard that one before but it's quite the appropriate song for Sesame Street.
    What surprised me was to see Abby there too. Great showing, though Matt Louer's still on a one-year ban from SS.
  6. doctort13 Member

Too bad it's raining in NYC. Big Bird was wearing a rain poncho!

What's this about Matt Lauer being banned?
  7. zns Active Member

I just saw it too. They had great shots of the cast, except the one thing that I think they should have done is shown more of the Muppet characters. To me, it seemed as if they were showing more of the human cast instead. All in all, it was very enjoyable and I can't wait for next year. Happy Turkey Day everyone. :)
  8. travellingpat Active Member

Where was Telly?
  9. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I don't think Telly was there, neither were Bert and Ernie for that matter. That's surprising! Plus, Alice and Barkley sometimes appear at the parade, but I didn't see them either. It was good to see Abby, Herry and Fat Blue on the float though. I was also glad to see that Susan made it. I've been worried that maybe she wasn't in very good health or something, but it's good to see that she appears when she can.
  10. BEAR Active Member

Was he really? That's so cute. I actually imagined they would do something like that to protect themselves from getting too wet. Also, I would expect Abby to be there, so I'm not at all surprised, Ed. Ooooh! I can't wait to see it. It just started about 40 minutes ago here where I am.
  11. BEAR Active Member

So which characters/cast members appeared?
  12. MuppetFan123 Member

The song that was sung by the cast this morning is used in the Sesame Street Live production of Out of This World. As for Bert,Ernie and Telly it could be they were on the other side of the float looking out to the people sitting in front of macys.

Anyone else notice the empty nest :)

Every year Big Bird, Elmo and Zoe are in the nest.This year Big Bird was inside the house.I guess it was because of the rain.Also, the reason you might not have seen some of the characters on camera is because Big Bird had a speaking part in the song and he was inside the house, thus taking away space.

Happy Turkey Day To All

Michael
  13. MuppetFan123 Member

Upon further watching, Bert and Ernie are on the float.They can be seen in the far shots in the lower left window next to Hoots.
  14. BEAR Active Member

Yes, Bert and Ernie were certainly there, along with Hoots as Muppetfan said. So nice to see Hoots join in this time! Elmo and Zoe, who are usually in the nest with Big Bird, were in one of the windows with Abby. I also remember seeing Herry, Prairie, Cookie, Grover, and Fat Blue. Oscar was also in his can. I think I saw Maurice there too, but I may be wrong. Were Rosita, Baby Bear and the Count there? I don't recall seeing them. Also, I spotted the whole human cast there which included Gordon, Miles, Gabby, Gina and Alan on the bottom platform, and Susan, Bob and Luis were on the top platform above the nest. The only one I didn't spot was Maria. Was she there? Maybe she was back helping with Big Bird, but I didn't catch her. If I remember right, she was the only cast member not on the float last year too.
  15. redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I missed it! I had to make a pie and I also went to church and to make a long story short I missed it. Oh well, there's always next year.
  16. Barry Lee Active Member

I was surprised by the character choices actually, it was cool seeing Hoots and Herry though. I can absoluetly tell it was lip synched though.
  17. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I didn't catch Gabi. I thought I saw Miles. I couldn't tell because he had a hat on and I didn't see his dreads.
  18. Ilikemuppets New Member

This has gone to the garbage:o :eek: :grouchy:

I missed it due to whaching Sesame Street, LOL! Same thing happened last year. I did catch the end of it when they were showing just the float, though.
  19. travellingpat Active Member

I dont think Maria was there, Tuesday when I was there, Sonia was coming down with a cold, so it would make sense for her not to be there

Dude, Swedishchefcook, calm down man, theres some young people reading this forum!!! Dude, way innaproapriote! (Hahah i cant spell)
  20. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yeah i LOVED Big Bird with the rain coat! cute! :) nice to see ABBY there! :zany: