Sesame Street 2006 Macy's Parade

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Thought I'd help out those who'll be watching the parade on Thanksgiving Day tomorrow.

The parade usually starts at 9:00 AM EST. From the four years I've been watching it, I've come to clock the appearance of the Sesame Street float and Big Bird balloon after about an hour after the parade's started. So if you're tuning in solely to watch the SS cast and don't want to miss it, turn on the parade at about 9:50 AM EST and stick with it for a couple of segments. The SS float and balloon should be on the scene around 10:00 AM EST, but I'm warning you guys ahead of time so noone misses it.

Hope this helps and happy Thanksgiving!

BEAR

Reaction score
Already got it set up for recording just incase I have to miss it while tending to other Thanksgiving things. Thanks for the heads up, Ed!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure thing, hope others read this first and get prepared to watch the representation of our favorite New York City residents at the parade.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thanks Count! I'd also like to add to also look out for the Grover float, too. I'm so glad they gave him one!:smile:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, from me ,too!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw the float and balloon just a few minutes ago. The cast sang "Just Another Sunny Day", never heard that one before but it's quite the appropriate song for Sesame Street.
What surprised me was to see Abby there too. Great showing, though Matt Louer's still on a one-year ban from SS.

doctort13

Reaction score
Too bad it's raining in NYC. Big Bird was wearing a rain poncho!

What's this about Matt Lauer being banned?

zns

Reaction score
I just saw it too. They had great shots of the cast, except the one thing that I think they should have done is shown more of the Muppet characters. To me, it seemed as if they were showing more of the human cast instead. All in all, it was very enjoyable and I can't wait for next year. Happy Turkey Day everyone. :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I don't think Telly was there, neither were Bert and Ernie for that matter. That's surprising! Plus, Alice and Barkley sometimes appear at the parade, but I didn't see them either. It was good to see Abby, Herry and Fat Blue on the float though. I was also glad to see that Susan made it. I've been worried that maybe she wasn't in very good health or something, but it's good to see that she appears when she can.

BEAR

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
Too bad it's raining in NYC. Big Bird was wearing a rain poncho!

Was he really? That's so cute. I actually imagined they would do something like that to protect themselves from getting too wet. Also, I would expect Abby to be there, so I'm not at all surprised, Ed. Ooooh! I can't wait to see it. It just started about 40 minutes ago here where I am.