Sesame Street at A Capital Fourth

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey! Who is the central character in that picture? (The blue one). Looks kinda like a blue version of Zoe...Or is it Rosita?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey! Who is the central character in that picture? (The blue one). Looks kinda like a blue version of Zoe...Or is it Rosita?
Si, si, definitely Rosita, hokay.

*goes to set TiVo before he forgets*

Convincing John

Reaction score
I saw an ad for this (of all places) on the Weather Channel. I know for sure they showed Abby, Elmo, Zoe, Rosita and Big Bird. Big Bird was singing the Sesame Street Theme and it's Caroll playing Big Bird in the clip.:wisdom:

Convincing John

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I must say it was some appearance and a nice intro for the gang to be involved in. :insatiable:

Still I was expecting Grover into this event, but I can also understand the use of Rosita as well.

Convincing John

Reaction score
It was just on!

I just saw the appearance. Not bad at all.

Here's who they had: Big Bird, Elmo, Rosita, Abby, Cookie Monster and Oscar. (Zoe was on a photo ad, but didn't appear onstage).

I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but I do want to say two things: first up, Caroll Spinney rocks. Second, when you do see the appearance, watch Oscar's reactions to everyone singing.

BTW, I'm pretty sure it was Eric as Cookie, but I'll have to check again to make sure.

If you missed it, check your local listings. My local PBS station is doing an encore presentation of it a little later tonight. Yours might do the same.

Convincing John

dwmckim

Reaction score
Has Eric EVER done Cookie? That was definately David - in fact, i thought that that appearance was really the only major Cookie Monster performance where he sounded very much like a "David Rudman character" - in other words, David has a pretty distinctive voice (and i never would have thought he'd be a good Cookie recast until it happened) but his Cookie usually sounds so close to Frank's later Cookie Monster that it was often tricky to tell which one was performing him during the Letter of the Day segments for example. But this time it really sounded more "David"-y than usual.

Not only does Carroll rock - but not only did he voice Oscar but also did Big Bird instead of sticking with Oscar and having Matt do it. So Oscar's puppeteer (who had Oscar's mannerisms so wonderfully down that indeed he was a joy to watch throughout) was either lip-syncing to a pre-recorded track (and i didn't feel like that was a pre-recorded vocal performance) or Carroll was doing Oscar's song via an offstage mike ... even more impressive because the lip-sync wasn't too affected. Impressive.

BTW - being in the West Coast, it's airing now...for those on the East who watched it, do they reappear at the end as part of a grand finale/curtain call or can i shut off the vcr?

ssetta

Reaction score
I didn't like it at all. It didn't have enough classic songs.