Sesame Street Encyclopedia Update

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by jeffkjoe
Have you also entered these obscure Muppets:

The Salesman
Forgetful Jones
Sam Sound Brown
if you take a look at the site, youll see forgetful is on it. and you think he is obscure?? hmm...
who are the other ones you named? i dont remember them

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
if you take a look at the site, youll see forgetful is on it. and you think he is obscure?? hmm...
who are the other ones you named? i dont remember them

The Salesman was voiced by Frank Oz, and he was the whispery Anything Muppet who wore a black hat and trenchcoat. He was on in the early 1970's and asked Ernie once: "Would you like to buy an O?"

Same Sound Brown was voiced by Northern Calloway, aka David, and was a purplish Anything Muppet with a curly hair. He was kinda like Roosevelt Franklin, only crazier and wackier. He appeared in the mid 70's.

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by jeffkjoe
The Salesman was voiced by Frank Oz, and he was the whispery Anything Muppet who wore a black hat and trenchcoat. He was on in the early 1970's and asked Ernie once: "Would you like to buy an O?"

Same Sound Brown was voiced by Northern Calloway, aka David, and was a purplish Anything Muppet with a curly hair. He was kinda like Roosevelt Franklin, only crazier and wackier. He appeared in the mid 70's.
o, you mean Lefty. He is on the site, take a look. And now I remember Same Sound Brown. He is in Roosevelt's classroom.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Was Same Sound Brown the Muppet who appeared with a tall orange cylinder headed AM that talked about imagining shapes? This was a sketch where first they pictured circles, the orange man AM pictured a perfect circle and then the other Muppet imagined circles all around him in a crazy pattern. They then moved on to triangles and the wild Muppet imagined the triangle as a guitar. And finally the orange man AM asked the other Muppet if he knew what a square was, to which the other Muppet replied: "I know who a square is!" and then a square appeared around the orange man AM's face and the other Muppet said that he needed his triangle guitar back and started playing crazy music. Again, would this other Muppet be Same Sound Brown? Thanks for the help and have a good night.

ssetta

Reaction score
You're not thinking of Simon the Soundman, are you?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
ssetta, are you talking to me? If so, then no, I'm not talking about Simon the Sounds Man. The sketch in question featured two different AM Muppets; one was an AM with an orange cylinder head, and the other Muppet had this kind of African-American voice to him. The sketch's quite old from like the 70's I'd say. Like I said above, they're trying to use their imagination to teach different shapes. First it's circles; with the orange AM picturing a perfect circle and the other guy thinks up a swirl of different circles; then it's the triangl where the orange AM thinks of a perfect triangle and the other guy imagines lots of different triangles and turns one into a guitar; and finally it's the square where the other guy pictures a square around the orange AM's head and asks for his guitar back. Would this be Same Sound Brown featured in that sketch I'm mentioning? Thanks for your help and have a good day.

Thijs

Reaction score
We have 20,000 visitors so far! That means 10,000 in one month! Thanks all of you who helped us making the site.

Updates:
Alladin
The Genie
Leonard Wolf
The Big Bad Wolf
Elizabeth
Mama Bear
Papa Bear
and more! take a look

greets Thijs and Warrick

Pino

Reaction score
Tommie.. what about the green, purple, blue and pink wolf? or the pigs and little red ridinghood?
or are u on top off that?
Greetings from Spain (this time):stick_out_tongue:

ssetta

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
ssetta, are you talking to me? If so, then no, I'm not talking about Simon the Sounds Man. The sketch in question featured two different AM Muppets; one was an AM with an orange cylinder head, and the other Muppet had this kind of African-American voice to him. The sketch's quite old from like the 70's I'd say. Like I said above, they're trying to use their imagination to teach different shapes. First it's circles; with the orange AM picturing a perfect circle and the other guy thinks up a swirl of different circles; then it's the triangl where the orange AM thinks of a perfect triangle and the other guy imagines lots of different triangles and turns one into a guitar; and finally it's the square where the other guy pictures a square around the orange AM's head and asks for his guitar back. Would this be Same Sound Brown featured in that sketch I'm mentioning? Thanks for your help and have a good day.
I don't recall those muppets having names. Well, not in the skit you're talking about with imagining shapes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK then, in that case...
Please describe what Same Sound Brown looks like. And remember to include as many details as possible: i.e., hair color, hair style, eye color, eyelid color, nose color and shape if applicable, skin color, wardrobe as to what pieces of clothing he wore, what coloring each of the pieces of clothing he wore were, and any other pertinent detail. Thanks for the help and have a good day.

Oh, and here's another question. Just saw the episode from Season 34 where Elmo's looking for a fish-sitter for Dorothy so that he can go to the ball game with Gordon. The point is that there's a sketch where Humphrey and Ingrid hire Fran Dresser (pardon my misspelling) as their family's nanny. Would this then qualify her to be included as part of their family, and thus part of the Sesame Street family?
Again, thanks for your help and have a good day.