Sesame Street Encyclopedia Update

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by Pino
Tommie.. what about the green, purple, blue and pink wolf? or the pigs and little red ridinghood?
or are u on top off that?
Greetings from Spain (this time):stick_out_tongue:
We are not finished with those characters yet.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

We want Little Red Riding Hood and the Three Pigs on the site, Hopefully they will be on there soon !

The Big Bad Wolf, as far as i know has been those different colors. But i think that he was the same character the whole way through, Even with those color changes.
We have the current Big Bad Wolf on the site right now !

see ya

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK then, here's a few questions about the character of the Big Bad Wolf and subsequent wolves on Sesame that I hope you can answer.
1 Is the Big Bad Wolf from the Big Wolf Family a distinctive character that should be counted in any Sesame character listings?
2 Just who is the current big bad wolf on Sesame and how does this wolf differ from the one from the Big Wolf Family?
3 Are the Medium-Sized Green and Medium-Sized Lavender wolves different characters from the Big Bad Wolf and should they both be counted in any Sesame character listings?
4 How does the big bad wolf from Sesame differ from the Wolf from TMS?
If there are any more wolves in my listing that I have doubts on, I'll ask again. But for now I'll appreciate any help you can provide regarding the questions above. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think usually if they have a wolf, it's the lavendar one. They have used him a lot lately, and they don't want kids to get confused. But they always use different muppets for Old MacDonald. Wouldn't that be confusing for little kids?

mikealan

Reaction score
I know a the years and seasons and sometimes facts of these characters we now have online:

LITTLE BIRD:
Years: 1970-1988
Seasons: 2-19

Fact: Little Bird disappeared from Sesame Street in the late 1980's, because nobody liked her.

HARVEY KNEESLAPPER:
Years: 1970-?
Seasons: 2-?

Hope these work.

mikealan

Reaction score
Good news, everyone!

Pic of Ernestine added and the bio of Genie added.

Now, I will write a bio about Ernestine.

Description:

Ernestine is Ernie's baby niece. She always laugh like Ernie. She appeared on skits including Same & Different with Ernie and the one where Ernie teaches her to say "Ernie", but she doesn't want to say it. She is baby-sitted by Big Bird and Gina on the video, "The Best of Ernie & Bert". In 1997, she appeared with Baby Natasha where she is the telephone operator. In 2003, she looks a lot different on the second season of 'Play With Me Sesame'.

Hope this bio works.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mikealan's description of how the character of Ernestine is OK for her encyclopedia entry...
But it's missing a physical description of what the character actually looks like and differentiation between what the character of Ernestine looked like originally and her newer counterpart for Season 2 of Play With Me Sesame! Hope this helps and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
The Ernestine that was the telephone operator is completely different than Baby Ernestine. She was a human, not a muppet.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, thought that was the case. Was just waiting to see if someone with the visual reference/memories could back it up. This character of Ernestine the Telephone Operator is a long standing recurring character of Lily Tomlin, a close friend of Sesame Street the show. You may remember her other recurring character appearing in a few segments from the early 80's, the little girl named Edith Anne who sat in an oversized rocking chair. Hope this helps and have a good day.

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by mikealan
Good news, everyone!

Pic of Ernestine added and the bio of Genie added.

Now, I will write a bio about Ernestine.

Description:

Ernestine is Ernie's baby niece. She always laugh like Ernie. She appeared on skits including Same & Different with Ernie and the one where Ernie teaches her to say "Ernie", but she doesn't want to say it. She is baby-sitted by Big Bird and Gina on the video, "The Best of Ernie & Bert". In 1997, she appeared with Baby Natasha where she is the telephone operator. In 2003, she looks a lot different on the second season of 'Play With Me Sesame'.

Hope this bio works.
Mikealan, it is clear that you have a big knowledge of Sesame Street, and I appreciate your help, but I suggest you take a look at the bio's that are currently on the site. I'm sure you can do much better then this. But thanks for your help. I'll add the info when I have enough material to write about her.