Sesame Street Encyclopedia Update

Pino

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
of course I am personaly interested in Sesame Street songs. Cool! I would like to buy them.
But for the site we need the pictures of that singles, because there are some rare characters on the singles (check out our site (Lefty for instance))
Well Ofcourse I look for you and when I find it I will post them to you.. Maybe this site too will help???

http://www.hipsurgerymusic.com/Sesa... Well Let me know if it was helpfull oke???:D

fuzzyandblue

Reaction score
Wow --just checked it out and it's going to be a priceless reference when all plumped out!

Here's a tidbit --about Frazzle (I never knew his name --thanks!) , my alter-ego avitar. He performed in one of my favorite song and dance numbers ever --Fuzzy and Blue. It was Herry, Grover and Cookie dancing a la vaudeville about the virtues of being blue. Then Frazzle joins in and the song becomes "Fuzzy and blue...and orange!"

Cool --I'll keep checking back as the site grows.

furryfella

Reaction score
maurice monster: was light blue with a greenyellow nose he was performed by richard hunt!! he was grovers friend! he can been seen in such songs as: "Fur", allbymyself, "C" is for cookie, FRazzle!! THe Maroon&Yellow monster was Performed by Richard hunt for the song (my fav) "Fur" he had red & yellow Fur with yellow horns!! The song Fur was on the SEsame street Monster lp & monster melodies!! Richard was 24 when he did him!!:big_grin:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Chuck,

We would love to add Maurice Monster to the Encyclopedia, I always liked seeing him in the background !
But we dont have a good enough picture of him.

I noticed that he made an appearance in Follow That Bird too, He can be seen when Big Bird is leaving as he goes around the corner (Maurice is up at the window).

And then in the same place when Bob and Olivia return, I think Maurice is wearing a hat too.

see ya

VC2020

Reaction score
Hey Tommy,
Great Site! I can also contribute. I have caps of Sesame Street Movies and Episodes. I can send you a few episodes through mIRC or something or I can just take Pics and e-mail you.

From V.C.

Pino

Reaction score
I wonder if there will be links on your sites? I mean sesame world and encyclopedia... because I like it when u both also think about me:big_grin:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Here's some more info about Frazzle:

--The original Frazzle was built from the Tall Orange Anything Muppet. The fur was sort of designed like an orange furry jacket that covered most of him (his bare "skin" can be seen when his tongue flaps around and around his waist). He's best described by his theme song, "Frazzle" (written and performed in 1975), which is also performed by the Frazzletones (one of the members being Maurice Monster). Near the late 80s he sort of disappeared, but appeared in the background from time to time. He was re-introduced in the mid-90s as a young monster, about as old as Elmo and Zoe. In one sketch we even seen his mother. He carried a little yellow baby blanket and covered himself with it when he was scared or shy, and he is often taken care of by Gina when she used to own a day care center around the corner. He was an interesting way to show how something so different-looking can be misunderstood. Later, in 2001, Frazzle would be rebuilt, not designed to be worn by an AM, as a separate puppet. Some interesting notes about the refined version is that his mouth was bigger and more visible, and given four fingers on each hand.
--I think he made his debut on "Beat the Time" in 1971 as a rabid monster attached to a chain.
--One of the few times that he can be understood is in a 1993 episode where he is rejected by the Furry Arms Hotel to bring in his pet human, Pickles. He was performed by Marty Robinson for this appearance, and had a well-refined accent. Here's his line:

"Well, it's just not fair! What am I supposed to do, leave little Pickles at home when I'm travelling on business? Come, Pickles, we'll go to another hotel!":big_grin:

mikealan

Reaction score
Good news!

More characters are updated:

Gutnag Gerlad Jones
Harvey Kneeslapper
Placido Flamingo
Meryl Sheep
Mr. Bill Smith
Bad Bart

You know that I felt worried if the bios of Sherlock Hemlock and Sam the Robot are not going to be on site. But some day or today, I will make a bio about Harvey Kneeslapper as if I want to do it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm... I just sent them a Sherlock Bio a while ago. And I wrote a Harvey Kneeslapper one just this morning. Sorry, mike.