Sesame Street Fan-Fic: Street Smarts

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Oh, my goodness! Yet another Sesame Street fanfic that has given me inspiration for my future "Sesame, DC" stories. :smile:

You've done well (marvelously well), Ryan. I really believe you've topped yourself with this one. This story might just be greater than what you had in "Old Friends Who You've Just Met". So much drama and suspense in this one. And you really made Grover shine in this story, too. You really know how to give the blue guys their props, don't ya? LoL!

Seriously though, I admire the Alex Hooper character--quite a tormented soul in that man as a result of his uncle's passing. This is just the comic book side of me thinking this, but I couldn't help but to think of Lex Luthor with Alex's dastardly scheme to tear down Sesame Street. Sounds so much like something Luthor would do in the world of Detective Comics.

I always figured Miles and Gabi would tie the knot sooner or later. The way you deepened their relationship in the tale was great and realistic, especially in the "Grouch Motel" scene--I really worried how far they'd make it on their own in a place like that.

Bob is the last guy I'd expect to be jealous of anybody with the wonderful life he lives. But I had a great time reading about how he would act towards someone who was closer to Linda than he is. And I love how you worked her sign language in with the single quotes. Never realized how "full of surprises" she was.

You really stayed in character with everyone, especially Elmo. For some reason, I felt like you used an earlier version of him, where he addresses everybody as what they are rather than their names (i.e. "Green Frog", "Blue, Furry Monster", etc.) I was always under the notion that he addressed everyone by their names. Still, pretty cool. :wink:

I'm still going through other Sesame Street fanfics, but as of now, this is number one on my list. Marvelous, Ryan. Just too marvelous.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wow, thanks so much Sean. I really loved writing this one, been awhile since I've worked on it, but I had a great time with it, it really re-connected me with the Happiest Street in the World. :smile: Glad you liked it! :big_grin:

And you're right, I was kinda writing Elmo with a somewhat earlier persona. But I think it was only in the way he addressed Kermit and the fact that he wasn't the central character. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Alex Hooper wasn't the first to try and level Sesame Street. In the 25th anniversary TV special (and no, I'm not talking about An All-Star Musical Jam 25th Anniversary Special)... Famed actor Joe Pesi played the role of real estate mogul Ronald Grump who wanted to get rid of SesameStreet in favor of a new SST condominium plaza. You can find out more about it at Muppet wiki, hope this helps.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Just thought I'd pop by to say that I've spent about the past 2 days total rereading this story! I was just in the mood for a good Sesame Street read, and I remembered liking this one, so...
:smile:
Still a fun read!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I reread this fanfic and I LOVED it. It was fun, hilarious, and hand downs really wonderful.
:sleep: Do you think it was wonderful?
:boo: No, I thought it was boring.
Yeesh! Hecklers! Ignore their comments. I also laughed when Grover said, "With thsi ring, I thee red." LOL! Honestly, him as a minister was hilarious.

Herry, the Count, the Blue Muppet waiter, Mr. Johnson were Jerry Nelson's characters.

His characters will live on.

Otherwise, this is really my absolute favorite SS fanfic of all time, Prawny.