Sesame Street films

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I totally enjoy the old Sesame Street films. I remember sometime in the early 90's I started getting really frustrated because they began remaking some of the old ones. It seems to be the first thing they cut back on was the old films.

Rosewood

Reaction score
BEAR said:
i like the one where they show the peanut butter factory and the crayon factory. I also like the one where they give the elephant a bath.
I love the one where they are bathing the elephants! I happen to have a copy of it, and every time my kids see it, they start dancing along with the "Splish, splash, I was takin' a bath!" tune that comes with it! (It's funny how, each time my 3 yr. old sees one of these old films, she looks up at me, longingly, and asks "Mommy, can we please go there? Please, please, please?!") :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Remember a film about eyes that showed a closeup of a lot of children's eyes? I remember it showed the various different color of pupils and some other distinctions. A lady was singing the words about the differences in eye characteristics and there was musical background. From what I recall of the older look and color of the film, I'd say it was 1973 at the latest and easily could have been 1970-1972. All the children were outside I think, too.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I don't recall that 1 at all was that the same lady who sang of those films 1st 1 about growing and about flowers? I mentioned those 2 early on here.

Ziffel

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
don't think i mentioned these 2. > the film about growing where the lady is singing i'm getting bigger i am not a baby anymore. etc. > and this one about flowers and the same lady who sang on the growing film also sung on this one witch goes like, there are flowers in the window, there are flowers in the hall. etc.
I don't recall these two so I'm not sure if it was her or not. I think the latest I recall even seeing this was about '73 or '74 so perhaps it was one old clip from about 1970 that they discontinued after awhile. I can picture exactly how the lady's voice sounds but can't recall the specific words she sings about the eyes.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Another one I couldn't find in the search had a guy's voice saying "Timber!" as several trees were cut down. At the end there was something much smaller that fell down (like a little stick or pole maybe?).
Definitely saw this by 1972.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
actually there was only 1 tree cut down but what was funny about this one was the film was run backwards in the tree segment and the lumberjacker wonders what the heck and I was a mach that was being cut down in the 2nd segment. don't know what that was about.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oh just one tree the whole time eh? I guess when he said Timber again it was for the tree to refall after the film ran backwards to bring it back up. :smile:
And what was it that was the second item to fall (a mach?) ?

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Remember a film about eyes that showed a closeup of a lot of children's eyes? I remember it showed the various different color of pupils and some other distinctions. A lady was singing the words about the differences in eye characteristics and there was musical background. From what I recall of the older look and color of the film, I'd say it was 1973 at the latest and easily could have been 1970-1972. All the children were outside I think, too.
Were they on a playground, climbing on a jungle gym? (Not to be confused with the much later "We All Sing With the Same Voice" clip)

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Anyone remember the live-action clip (early 70s) with some kids on the beach who were digging in the sand, pretending they were steam shovels?This scene would cut to a scene of a real steam shovel digging in the dirt, and then back again. Then, at the end, I think the kids all ran away from the camera, down the shore. I loved the music that went with this clip.