Sesame Street films

Ziffel

Reaction score
I've seen on this forum at least a couple times before the film with the letter R being hoisted up until it is on top of that building. I'm just wondering if anyone remembers if there was any other letters they did that with. Seems like S might have been one. If R was the only one, they sure did show that one film a lot. But I liked whenever it came on. The music was pretty fun to listen to throughout, though repetitive.

Xerus

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
I've seen on this forum at least a couple times before the film with the letter R being hoisted up until it is on top of that building. I'm just wondering if anyone remembers if there was any other letters they did that with. Seems like S might have been one. If R was the only one, they sure did show that one film a lot. But I liked whenever it came on. The music was pretty fun to listen to throughout, though repetitive.
There were 3 films about that building. First there was H, then O, and then R. I've always wondered what they were spelling with those letters.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Maybe they intended to do an S and E and thus spell Horse. :smile:

I thought there were more than just R, just couldn't think of the specific letters, so thanks for that, Xerus.

On a different SS film subject, there was one from the early 70's that I think showed lizards and a song with it sounded like it was by at least a couple of guys (neither being Joe Raposo, who sang another one "Long hard climb"), I remember at the start of the song one guy sort of went, "Whooooo!" and at the end it sounded like one guy kept saying, "A day again!" I doubt that's what he really said but it's the best I can describe from my memory. (Even back then I never really knew exactly what he was saying. For that matter, this whole song was rather hard to make out the specific lyrics!)

mikebennidict

Reaction score
not that I'm being crittical why would they make the word horse on top on a building? BTW go back to the 1st few posts I mentioned what might of been an EC connection to it.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I was only kidding, mike. Xerus said the letters they used were h o and r and that he always wondered what they were spelling so I just said maybe it was 3 out of 5 letters of the word horse, but was just saying for fun. :smile:
And I see in the early post you mentioned in this thread that you specified the letters h, o and r. I had forgotten where I saw these brought up here before. But TEC one doesn't come to mind.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
summer film.

someone was singing a song that went like, I'm summer I'm a hummer I'm summer I'm a hummer yes indeed yes indeed.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
don't think these were mentioned. all of these took place in the Rocky Mountains somewhere, a rancher feeds his cows hay durring the winter, there were 3 of these made where a kid off camera tells about the job of digging out hay so the cows have something to eat durring the long wonter months. also there was 1 about horses where they all come in to this fences in area and 1 horse is ties up to a fence and this teenaged boy is trying to pet him while the horse is snarling at him.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
rememebr these films of kids in a marching band? they would march into probably NYC's Central Pk. and they'd make shapes. and i'm very sure these were the same kids where 1 of the girls yell out to the boys with the drums saying she wants them to bang the drums 2,3, or 4 times. in all those years of seeing these and even to this very day can't make out what she says exactly but says something like when i say blank and the other girls repeat after her she then says i want you to somthing whatever the number of times she wants them to bang the drums. other part they all count up to 20. but instead of just standing there and counting they move back and forth and bow as they were counting. > 1 thing wonder wonder about this film while all of these were probably done in 1 day, 1 wonder if it's possible that when these were 1st made they might of shown all of these in 1 SS episode? while i myself always saw each 1 of them in 1 different episodes and not in 1, you never knowbecause i do believe i've seen cartoons and films where they'll show them in 1 episode and later on brake them up.
you know what's also interesting about those films and 1 would have to be familler with that alphabet film where you see an X or some other letter and several of the same kind float by and some lady sings a wierd song about them. the background is a park and it looks like that same park where the marching band film took place.

Rosewood

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
anyone rememebr the electric magnet film?
You mean the one that shows the giant electric magnet on the end of a crane as it picks up old car parts and such in a junk yard? If that is what your refering to, yes! (I also recal one with a wrecking ball and it seems that, somehow or another they were centered around 2 boys eating ice cream.)

superfan

Reaction score
If I may...
these are most likely Canadian films as they are in French; that being said:

*A young girl is on a swing (attached to a large tree) in her front yard. A pick up truck (or car, can't remember) comes down the lane. The girl gets excited and runs to let her mother know that "everyone's here!" the mother gets annoyed that the little girl has grass stains on her white socks (worn with sandals!) and sends her inside to change. The grandparents come out and everyone's hugging and laughing.
The song went something like:
"Je t'aime means I love you
A wonderful thing to say
Je t'aime means I love you
A word you should use each day
To your mother your father your sister your brother
And friends important to you
So just remember je t'aime, je t'aime
In French it means I love you!"

Or the film with the little dog trying to get up a set of front steps. There was a song that accompanied it in French, though I can't recall the words exactly.

Any takers?