Sesame Street films

Ziffel

Reaction score
Remember the one with the snowman and snowwoman? An unseen man and woman did the voices of these two snowpeople as if they were talking. At the end the snowwoman says, "You're very handsome." The snowman replies, "You're cute too." She says, "Thank you". Then music, which occurred throughout, closes the segment.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Another one came to mind, probably because the preceding one had to do with the outdoors and snow, of a simple one with children sliding on snow (I think in some kind of sleds, but I think there were snow forts and they were well bundled up so maybe they slid on the snow directly). Sometimes they would go head first and sometimes feet first. You would hear, "Head first" or "Feet first" each time. Other than that, the only audio was continuous music throughout.

Ziffel

Reaction score
There was a short one that showed a school classroom with empty desks and you hear some kids shout, "Empty!" and then some pretty odd but yet neat music plays as the camera is sped up showing a bunch of kids filing in the room and sitting down at the desks. Then the kids shout, "Full!". I think there were at least one or two other shorts like this one. Can't recall if they used the same words (empty and full) with a different environment or if they invovled demostration of a different concept all together. Seems like maybe one of them simply demonstrated empty and full but from the other way around, starting with full first.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thank you mike, yes that comes back to me now. And maybe in the subway one they strated with full first, whereas with the classroom it was empty at the beginning. Or vice versa!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
all of those film would show the areas being empty, full and empty again.

Ziffel

Reaction score
LOL ok, no wonder I was thinking I could have sworn the kids shouted "Empty!" first and yet seems like the clips ended with empty also!
Yeah so I got it now. In the classroom it is empty and then the kids rapidly file in with a sped up camera and then they say, "Full!" but then they file on out quickly again.
What did you think of the music? A little different, eh? And yet, I liked it at the same time. Just about any music or sound effects from early 70's SS was so appealing to me.

Ziffel

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
rememebr these films of kids in a marching band? they would march into probably NYC's Central Pk. and they'd make shapes. and i'm very sure these were the same kids where 1 of the girls yell out to the boys with the drums saying she wants them to bang the drums 2,3, or 4 times. in all those years of seeing these and even to this very day can't make out what she says exactly but says something like when i say blank and the other girls repeat after her she then says i want you to somthing whatever the number of times she wants them to bang the drums. other part they all count up to 20. but instead of just standing there and counting they move back and forth and bow as they were counting.
I remember those. Especially the ones with the girl saying, "When I say three." Then the group of kids, "When she says three." "I want you to hit three times." "She wants us to hit three times." "Three times." Then they hit the drums three times.
There were also marching band ones with adults on a football field that would play marching band music as they marched to form a letter ,which we saw from a high aerial view. Once they formed it, they would chant something that was about five letters long (I coudn't make out what exactly) then would say the letter. Can't remember if it was always a single letter or if sometimes it was a two letter word, like "it". But I don't think they had enough people to make a five letter word so I'm not sure what the chant was.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
are you sure you're not getting this other 1 confused with The Electric Company films where the marching bands made word? the chanting part you mention got me thinking this.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I think it might indeed be from TEC instead of SS. I seldom mix up any skits between the two shows but in this case I'm thinking I could have. And I guess the chants they did were for words and not just a single letter. Seems amazing they got that many people to form all those letters on the football field. Hopefully at least one of these will be on the TEC dvd's coming out in February. I'd like to see it again.