Sesame Street films

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yep that's correct, Rosewood. It was definitely from "The Electric Company." Good recollection about it being specifically from a Spidey segment. I think Jimmy Boyd was one of the two guys who said, "Peanut butter and banana - our favorite". The other one isn't coming to me. Skip Hannant maybe? (Since it was peanut butter they liked, Skip would make sense---> Skippy. Get it? Heeheeheehee)

Xerus

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
I remember the peanut butter one also. We see a farmer pulling a few out of the ground, while there's harpsichord music in the background. A kid's voiceover does mention "The raw peanuts are horrible, my grandpa bought some". Then they go to the factory see the peanuts being pulled out of the shells (Kid voiceover: And now they'll get all ground up!)

Then some faster music plays, as the peanuts get shaken along a conveyor belt to remove any impurities, then they are heated and ground up.

Then we see a shot of the peanut butter in a vat being mixed, and reaching a creamy consistency. (Kid voiceover: PEANUT BUTTER!!!)

Next we see the peanut butter getting pumped into jars, lids screwed on and labels attached, and you're right. Here's where the calliope music in waltz time is played.

In the end, we see the finished jars, waiting to be sent out to a store near you, and you can hear the kids "doo, bee doo, bee doo bee doo". Frank Sinatra would've been proud!
I also remember when that girl was scooping some peanut butter out of the jar and spreading it, the peanut butter looked all lumpy and watery. I wonder what kind of brand of peanut butter that was.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
many of us have seen the film of the red letters., the H, O, and R being pulled up the builiding. but do you remember an Electric Company film were they had all theese rd letters on the roof and were attaching them to a sign holder making the word hotel? while theere's no R in hotel, there were some others off to the side and the letters H and O looked like the 1 in the SS flim. there were also some deep sea diver films made for TEC i wonder if if that was also the same deep sea diver in the SS films?
Actually, after a bit of searching, your curiosity can finally be satisfied. That footage showed them putting a new neon sign on the Empire Hotel, (hence the R) located on the corner of 62nd Street and Broadway. Lincoln Center is across the street, you're a block away from Central Park. If you click on Yahoo! there are a couple of sites like Travelocity and such that have pictures. The original architecture and neon sign shown in 1971 is still intact.
Quite pricey, though. About 200 bucks a night.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I typed it up unfortunatly I came up with a site with a very small picture of it. Now all I need to do is find the hotel were we saw that H in the looking for letters film.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
a rather short animal film.

I 1st saw this 1 in the late 70s. 5 or 6 wolves cross over a creek or stream. Only other such short film I remember took place at a race track where 5 or 6 racing horses were counted.

Chris Von Count

Reaction score
another animal film

Speaking of which, on youtube they had one of my favorite animal films I remeber from SS the "That's a horse" film. When I saw it on youtube I had to add it as a favorite in my videos.

But somehow either I accidently deleted from my favorties list or somehow it got deleted out of the SS films all together because I can not find it on the main SS film page, or my favorites:frown: If anyone has it out there I would really love to have it again, just to watch it again:smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Horse Film

This might of been brought up elsewhere but I'll mention it here. Tkakes place somewhere in the mountains, and I think it was some place where they trained people how to ride horsse and maninly showed a teen trying to become friendly with a horse and the horse who's tied to the fences keeps snarling at the kid. Eventually they both connect and the kid sucessfully rides with around the stapple.

dinoboy

Reaction score
There was one that had shown a heard of Giraffs grazing in the jungle and walking around. The backgroun music to that is very soothing to me. The othe one shows animals in a zoo splashing and swimming in the water, and then they show a Gorilla splashing the water with his hands. Then they show kids splashing and swimming by a waterfall. I also think that the music in that background is great. I also enjoyed the music played when two girls were sitting by the table drawing with crayons, then one girl looks closely at one crayon and wonders how they are made. Don't get me wrong, but there are more films to remember with great music to hear.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
There were 3 films made at some ranch in the Rockies freom the looks of it. They would show an owner of a ranch feeding hay to the cows. Now I mentioned there were 3 of them. Now I think 1 of them might of been some other group of animals. all 3 of them have the same kid narrating them and the same kind of music though not exactly the same.

ISNorden

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
many of us have seen the film of the red letters., the H, O, and R being pulled up the builiding. but do you remember an Electric Company film were they had all theese rd letters on the roof and were attaching them to a sign holder making the word hotel? while theere's no R in hotel, there were some others off to the side and the letters H and O looked like the 1 in the SS flim. there were also some deep sea diver films made for TEC i wonder if if that was also the same deep sea diver in the SS films?

I didn't remember a sign holder in those clips; thank you for solving the mystery of what the letters were supposed to spell. (I'll bet the "R" must have been part of that specific hotel's name, even though that part of the sign holder wasn't visible in the film.)