Sesame Street Live: Can't Stop Singing

SSLFan

Reaction score
In light of recent events, I hope The Count does have speaking role in this show. It would be nice, not to mention very emotional, hearing Jerry Nelson's voice again. Sad to know this will be the last new SSL he will be a part of.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
That would be really nice. Unfortunately, I have a strong feeling he's the medium understudy character :frown:

catherine

Reaction score
that would be bad not to hear that voice and to say yes that was him.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Yep... As I suspected, Count and Telly are definitely the medium and tall understudy characters :-/

SSLFan

Reaction score
I take it you saw that YouTube vid too?

But yeah, no denying I'm upset about that. A show without Telly is just weird, since he adds so much to the story. And The Count as an understudy? I'm sorry, but Count to me is a character you don't mute. Even if he isn't a crowd favorite, it's the respect & seniority of the character. Count has had a role in every SSL show...just seems odd they'd do this now. Btw, I guess the Honkers are on holiday? :-P

Negatives aside, the show looks good! Zoe's speaking again, Hoots is back, and we've got Murray. I gotta say, while this show is good, could you imagine how epic it would be if done with a cast of 17 muppets?

StarrFilter

Reaction score
No, I asked my friend who's in the show :smile:

But there's a YouTube vid?? Please share!!!

StarrFilter

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the reason count is an understudy is because Jerry Nelson was very ill during pre production of this show.

SSLFan

Reaction score
It's interesting...when you think about it, the only characters who've never been u/s in a show are Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, and Oscar. I believe even an early Elmo was an u/s once, correct? It's just interesting how SS changes over time.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Yes, it's is very interesting. I think Elmo was only an understudy in the theatre version of Let's Play School. Side note: LPS was actually the first show to do a trimmed down "theater" version :-D