1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Sesame Street Live: Make a New Friend

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by StarrFilter, May 8, 2013.

1. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

SSLFan likes this.
  2. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

2 new shows two years in a row? Awesome! I'm really interested in the voice cast for this, particularly if Kevin's Elmo, Steve is Ernie, & if Matt is doing Count in this show.

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Probably recorded it well in advance and they didn't recast those two before then.

4. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

According to SSL's Facebook, Murray won't be appearing in this show. So far his only stage show appearance is in Can't Stop Singing. I'm actually fine with this to be quite honest; it's good to see a show with a new, fresh, traditional storyline as opposed to a live episode of SS recreated (which was a cute, neat idea, just not something that should've been repeated).

5. John Brown

John Brown Member

More Info: Chamki is from far away and she’s visiting Sesame Street for just one day! Grover has a long to-do list for his friend, from kayaking to hot yoga, but Chamki is busy enjoying cookies with Cookie Monster, singing with Abby Cadabby and doing ‘The Elmo Slide.’ Will an appearance from Super Grover 2.0 get Chamki’s attention? Adults will appreciate the high-tech stagecraft, cleverly written script and music they’ll recognize and enjoy sharing with children, such as “Count Me In,” and fun new parodies of “I Want Candy” and “Moves Like Jagger.”Join the fun and make a memory with your friends and family!

SSLFan likes this.
  6. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Super Grover 2.0? This show sounds awesome already lol

7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

(Promo, but no visuals of Chamki)

8. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

Even though I'm too old to be attending these kinds of shows, this show sounds interesting, especially since this is the first time a non-American Sesame Street character will be shown in a Sesame Street live show.
    I looked up to see if Make A New Friend would be showing in my area, and the theater nearest me that's playing Sesame Street Live, Madison Square Garden, is showing Elmo Makes Music for the 100th time in a row instead of this! This is especially bad, since they've been treating VEE shows like dirt after My Little Pony Live came there in 2007 or 2008. We didn't even get Sesame Street's Can't Stop Singing, Curious George or Barney Live at Madison Square Garden. All they do is keep bringing Justin Bieber, OneRepublic, and the Big Apple Circus there. And the nearest theater besides MSG that's playing this is 2 hours away from me. Get on the ball, MSG, and play Can't Stop Singing or Make A New Friend next year!
    Does anyone else live nearby anywhere showing this show?

9. John Brown

John Brown Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

SSLFan likes this.
  10. John Brown

John Brown Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

SSLFan likes this.
  11. John Brown

John Brown Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

SSLFan likes this.
  12. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Looks like The Count is back! Not really fond of those Elmo, Oscar, and Abby builds though. Something about the eyes just seem off.

13. Oscarfan

Abby looks fine to me. Elmo's head shape seems weird and Oscar looks WAY too happy he does.

14. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

It seems like they made all the monster heads smaller... maybe for safety reasons???

15. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

Just so you know every SSL show plays MSG in NYC on the 3rd year/season of SSL's 3 year show rotation. Each show does a "West Coast" season, an "East Coast", then finally a "Theater circuit". MSG is on the theatre circuit, which means you're getting EMM Feb 2014, CSS in Feb 2015 and you won't be getting Make a New Friend until Feb 2016 :-/

But you ARE getting it, nonetheless :-D

16. John Brown

John Brown Member

17. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Honkers are back as well! Those eyes though...Ick!

I'm interested in the casting for this show now, since I thought (judging from pics) Telly would once again be the tall understudy. However, now I'm starting to assume Telly will be splitting tracks with Big Bird. Any conformation, StarrFilter?

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  18. John Brown

John Brown Member

19. Oscarfan

That looks like Lulu over by Zoe there (at least, her 2001 incarnation).

20. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

Yes Big Bird and Telly are a split track, as well as Baby Bear/Rosita. The purple muppet is a new Anything monster muppet named Evie. She looks a lot like Lulu, I know. She's the medium understudy and she was created just for this show.