1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesame Street Live: Make a New Friend

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by StarrFilter, May 8, 2013.

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Well that's first, having the Bird split with another major character. I'm not really surprised by it though, unfortunately. Especially in this day and age of Sesame Street.

2. John Brown

John Brown Member

3. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

Those pictures look amazing! If I were 5, I'd LOVE to go see this!
    To the person who said I won't be getting Make A New Friend until 2016, guess what? While re-watching one of my favorite childhood movies, Muzzy In Gondoland, an ad appeared on the site it was on for a showing at a theater closer to me, Nassau Colosseum, and it's playing there on the 13-15th. But I can't see this because my mom thinks I'm too old for it...Oh well, there's always YouTube clips of the shows! (This is how I was able to see clips from that Barney live show that NEVER came to Nassau Coliseum or Madison Square Garden on YouTube.)

4. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

It should be noted that Ryan Dillon voiced Elmo in this show.

5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

If anyone picks up the soundtrack for Sesame Street Live Make a New Friend, please send me a private message. We'd love to play this on Muppet Central Radio. We'd be happy to send you some Sesame Street music in return.

6. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Phillip likes this.
  8. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Did they really bring back "Telephone Talk"? LOL. StarrFilter, I think you and I can both agree, even though you didn't like Sunny Day Camp Out, "Telephone Talk" WAS a good song. Speaking of which, what do you think of this show overall, StarrFilter? Any likes or dislikes?

9. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

10. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

I'm all about it! I LOVED the telephone talk opening AND show closer in BBSDCO. This show looks great. I can't wait to see it.

I have to wonder though... why they're not using Jon Baker as music director anymore... The music in CSS and MNF is produced by Audio By The Bay (the same people who did BBSDCO) so naturally they're recycling "telephone talk" and "beautiful day with a friend" in this show because they fit.... But Jon Baker's music has been such a staple in EVERY other SSL show for the past 15 years... He's pretty much the sound of the street to me..... I hope he's not gone for good.

11. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Does that mean Matt plays the Count in the show and is Billy Barkhurst playing Ernie again? SSL's Facebook put a link to a TV appearance where Elmo sings the Elmo Slide from the show. Ryan did a really good job.

12. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

13. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Just from the overall brightness and beautiful, lively scenery, I can tell that this must've been a pretty great performance. Did anybody go?

14. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Possibly the greatest thing I've seen done with Sesame Street Live in awhile haha. Now if someone could post Count Me In!

15. antsamthompson9

That was awesome! I can't wait till it comes to my town.

16. John Brown

John Brown Member

SSLFan likes this.
  17. John Brown

John Brown Member

18. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

This show is cute! I LOVE Abby Cadabby in this. Especially how her friendship with Elmo is sort of explored more. And YESS to the Count Me In number AND obviously the Moves Like Jagger parody. I like this show a lot, my only (baised) complaint would be Big Bird and Telly being a split track - that should be an unofficial rule regarding the Bird, you never split track him, lol.

Also, Elmo, The Count, and Ernie are voiced by Ryan Dillion, Matt Vogel, and who ever voiced Ernie in Can't Stop Singing. In other words, it wasn't Steve Whitmire again.

19. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Anyone know who voices Chamki in this show?

20. antsamthompson9

Sounds like Fran Brill to me.