Sesame Street Residence

BEAR

Reaction score
I was just thinking about where everyone lives around Sesame Street. I know that Gordon and Susan and Maria and Luis all live in the 123 building. Of course, Big Bird is in his own nest area, Oscar lives in the trashcan, Snuffy has a cave, and The Count lives in his castle outside of Sesame Street, but what about the others. Who else do we know, or think, lives in the 123 building? I know that Bert and Ernie live in 123, but where? They seem to have a different apartment all the time. In Follow That Bird, they were in the basement apartment, and in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street they lived upstairs somewhere (because they were looking out the window waving to Big Bird at the end). In most of my books/sources it says they live in the basement though.
Bob lives in another building. Who else lives where do you think? This might be fun to talk about.
Also, where was the library located when Linda ran it? I used to think it was inside 123. Is that wrong?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The 123 building is what, three stories high? That could be up to 16 apartments, right? I also have thought that Grover and his mother live on the top floor (I've gotten this from books).

And let's not forget that :grouchy: lives right out front too.

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
The 123 building is what, three stories high? That could be up to 16 apartments, right? I also have thought that Grover and his mother live on the top floor (I've gotten this from books).

And let's not forget that :grouchy: lives right out front too.
Thanks for the thought, Vic Ramano. I did include Oscar. i said he lived out in the trashcan. Do we agree that Grover lived on the top floor?
I am thinking about coming up with some kind of outline of who lives where just for fun.
Okay, things I have come up with, basing my ideas on research, the book Sesame Street Unpaved, and my own keen observations from watching the show:
Bert and Ernie live in the basement of 123.
Gordon, Susan, and Miles live on the 1st floor of 123. (Gordon and Susan are often seen poking their heads out of that first window to the left (from out POV) of the door.
Luis, Maria and Gabbi are on the second floor of 123.
Bob is in one of the apartments in the other building that overlooks Hooper's Store and the arbor area.
Oscar is in the trash can in front of 123 next to the stoop.
Big Bird's nest area is around the corner to the side of the 123 building behind Oscar's can.
The Count is, of course, in his Castle (not on Sesame Street).

Vic Ramano thinks that Grover would live somewhere on the top floor of 123.

Katzi428

Reaction score
My guess is that :stick_out_tongue: & :frown: live an apartment downstairs in 123 Sesame St.
(so I guess that'd make their address 321 Sesame Street?)
Just kidding!

BEAR

Reaction score
I am thinking, just for fun, to come up with some kind of directory with everyone's residence and even where they all work (ex. Hooper's Store, the Fix It Shop, Finder's Keepers, Charlie's Restaraunt) and where it is located. Also included would be those characters that don't necessarily live on the street, such as Forgetful Jones, The Count, Sherlock Hemlock, and Lefty the Salesman, who I am almost convinced he has a hideout in some alley somewhere. Anyone who has any information or ideas, they are welcome.

BEAR

Reaction score
Question about Barkley: Do you think he just slept outside at night? In Follow That Bird, during the "One Little Star" sequence, he is just sitting outside Hooper's Store on an empty street and Bob says goodnight to him. Poor guy doesn't even have a dog house.

Ernie101

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Question about Barkley: Do you think he just slept outside at night? In Follow That Bird, during the "One Little Star" sequence, he is just sitting outside Hooper's Store on an empty street and Bob says goodnight to him. Poor guy doesn't even have a dog house.
I remember that sequence and I have no idea. I think we can play the homeless card with him. We need some homeless inhabitants on SS.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
I remember that sequence and I have no idea. I think we can play the homeless card with him. We need some homeless inhabitants on SS.
The thing is he isn't exactly "homeless". I mean, he has an owner. Linda was his owner. Maybe that is why he was sleeping outside because she was on the trip. But others were back on Sesame Street to take care of him. Maybe that is just where he sleeps at night though and we should accept it. He makes a great watch dog.

DTF

Reaction score
NOt sure, but IIRC, we often see him entering stage right on the street scenes, while Rosita enters stage left (and maybe Zoe, too). My hunch is that Rosita and Zoe live in another building downt he street, while CM lives the other direction. Do we have address for Hooper's Store? Because that would help us narrow down numbers, whether they go up or down.

If Zoe, Rosita, and Telly's place also has 3 floors, then it would make sense that they all live int he same apartment to the left (from the viewers' perspective) of 123 Sesame, while Cookie Monster may live to the right, possibly int he same building as Elmo. Assuming it's a three-story, with ana partment on each floor, who else might occupy that building w/Cookie Monster and Elmo? Or do we joke that Elmo's made enough money his faily owns two floors or a whole building :smile:

We've seen Cookie Monster's mom & at leaast a drawing of Elmo's parents, BTW;has Cookie Monster's dad ever been mentioned?

Baby Bear's is confusing b/c beng from the story, there should be woods near his home. But, maybe his dad and mom commute in tow ork each day and he's in the daycare/preschool near SS. That would make a lot of sense, actually, now that I think about it. And you can probably take a subway from wherever in NYC Sesame Street is and get to the country prettye asily.

OTOH, maybe SS is just on the outskirts of town and you can get to the woods easily, as whent hey were gong for a hike.