Sesame Street Residence

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
I remember that sequence and I have no idea. I think we can play the homeless card with him. We need some homeless inhabitants on SS.
what do you mean we need homeless inhabitants on SS?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
i think it has been applied on the show that elmo lives in the building seen behind the fench in the arbor area. i think zoe also lives in that building. there was one episode in the 30th season where big bird and zoe were supposed to play, but zoe was sick so telly kept having to deliver messages from big bird and zoe (i can't remember if anything was wrong with big bird). zoe was looking out the window of this building, so she must live there.

grover may have lived upstairs of 123 sesame street in some books, but in the book Ernies Big Mess, he lived in the building next to 123.

in follow that bird, we see many characters looking out their windows. the amazing mumford and the two-headed monster had theor heads outside the windows above hoopers store. grover and herry were both sticking their heads out the window of the building next door to 123.

also, it could be possible that some characters live across the street from 123 sesame street (which we don't normally see, except in follow that bird and a few other times). and I am sure that some characters live around the corner.

I think that celebrity-type characters (guy smiley, sonny friendly, chris and the alphabeats, little jerry and the monotones, placedo flamingo) probably don't live on sesame street, and characters who don't appear on the street often probably don't either. I don't think kermit ever lived on Sesame Street.

BEAR

Reaction score
DTF said:
NOt sure, but IIRC, we often see him entering stage right on the street scenes, while Rosita enters stage left (and maybe Zoe, too). My hunch is that Rosita and Zoe live in another building downt he street, while CM lives the other direction. Do we have address for Hooper's Store? Because that would help us narrow down numbers, whether they go up or down.

If Zoe, Rosita, and Telly's place also has 3 floors, then it would make sense that they all live int he same apartment to the left (from the viewers' perspective) of 123 Sesame, while Cookie Monster may live to the right, possibly int he same building as Elmo. Assuming it's a three-story, with ana partment on each floor, who else might occupy that building w/Cookie Monster and Elmo? Or do we joke that Elmo's made enough money his faily owns two floors or a whole building :smile:

We've seen Cookie Monster's mom & at leaast a drawing of Elmo's parents, BTW;has Cookie Monster's dad ever been mentioned?

Baby Bear's is confusing b/c beng from the story, there should be woods near his home. But, maybe his dad and mom commute in tow ork each day and he's in the daycare/preschool near SS. That would make a lot of sense, actually, now that I think about it. And you can probably take a subway from wherever in NYC Sesame Street is and get to the country prettye asily.

OTOH, maybe SS is just on the outskirts of town and you can get to the woods easily, as whent hey were gong for a hike.
Yeah, I sorta guessed that Elmo would live in the building to the right, because in Elmo Saved Christmas, he goes home with the cookies from Hooper's Store and walks passed 123.
So, if Zoe lives in the building behind Hooper's and over the fence by the arbor area, is that the same building that Bob lives in. So they probably live in the same building?

BEAR

Reaction score
Okay, folks! I found some new info that might help a little. I have these books called the Sesame Street Treasury. I think they came out in the 70s or 80s, but I have had them since I was a little kid. In each volume, there is a different character profile. They say where the character lives. I only have about 10 issues, but I found some good stuff so far. Now this is just based on these books, but it is a fair reference. The profiles for Prairie Dawn, Herry and Telly all say they live at 456 Sesame Street. Where do you think that is? All it says for Cookie Monster is that he lives behind the bakery. They say the Count lives in his castle in Transylvania. Maybe there is a Transylvania somewhere in New York. Otherwise, that is quite a commute back and forth everyday. lol.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Sesame Street is a cul de sac, right? And from the aerial shot from Follow that Bird, it's not very long, SO; I'm thinking that while the main 123 Building has the address 123 Sesame Street, the individual apartments would be different numbers, but more likely; they're letter numbered, in other words, the apartments may list 123 Sesame Street Apt. A, etc. That makes the idea of more numbered buildings on SS a bit more difficult. The other possibility is that SS continues on again after the Cul de sac, and it's simply blockaded by the large building(s).

BEAR

Reaction score
right, the different apartments in the 123 building are assigned with letters. But which one do you suppose is the 456 building?
Maybe that is how the buildings are numbered on Sesame Street. Notice that it goes from 123 to 456. Hmmm.

ssetta

Reaction score
Actually, from 1993 to 1998 when they had that round the corner section, that building with Gina's Family Day Care center was marked "456."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A few things to help out...

The Count's castle is modeled after Belvedere Castle in one of the NYC parks. So it rully wouldn't be that huge of a commute. But I'd guess that being there in the nature of the park with the trees and stuff, he can get a sort of Transylvanian vibe what with the ghosties and spirits or spooks haunting the castle.
Just baseless spook-u-lation on my part.

Also, regarding Baby Bear... The thing that'll rully help is the next new episode from Season 36, Episode 4093. In that episode, Baby Bear goes to his first day of school at the Storybook Community School and meets other storybook kid characters. So, his family could have the home in the woods near SS, commute to drop off Baby Bear at Storybook Community School, and then Papa Bear would go on to his job at the honey making factory/apiary.

Also, the SS Library was a separate building. You should also remember of including the laundry room in the basement of the 1-2-3 apartment building. And then there's the SS Hospital with its Fairytale Wing where Mama Bear was taken to give birth to Curly Bear in the three-part Season 34 finale.

Hope this helps and have a good night guys.