Sesame Street S1 Final Packaging Pics!

MWoO

Reaction score
Elmo is in series 2 to sell series 2. Series 1 didn't sell to retailers too well so they made some changes to series 2 to get more of the sereies into stores. elmo will lead to Franklin and Yip Yips. But Yip[s Yips and Franklin might have lead to no series 2.

Drtooth

Reaction score
How could S1 be a poor seller if no one is selling them, and they aren't even out yet?

As much as I like Elmo, I agree with Convincin' John. I mean, amongst fans, I'd bet a Yip Yip or Roosevelt Franklin would sell better. At the very least, they should have changed him to Cookie Monster or something, if S2 even happens.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
How could S1 be a poor seller if no one is selling them, and they aren't even out yet?
They're talking about selling to the retailers, not selling from retail. For some cuckoo reason, the retailers don't think they'll sell enough to make a profit. You know, nevermind all the thousands of collectors like us who have been waiting painfully for these figures for more than a year.

I think things would have been a lot different if Palisades had been able to do the Mass Market/Collectors Market releases. That way the big 'ol dumb retailers (like Wal*Mart) could sell the basic figures to the kiddies, while the dumb 'ol collector-type retailers (like Suncoast) could sell the figures w/little accessories to us!

And I totally agree with you on Cookie. It's gonna frost my cookies if we don't get a Cookie Monster.

MWoO

Reaction score
The street pieces were dropped from the figures to lower the price and sell them and even that didn't work too well. It really stinks. The tsreet pieces are part of what made obscure characters possible as well. I think once the figures actually hit stores they will sell through though. I mean who doesnt love Ernie and Oscar? I think it might serve Palsiades well to short pack some characters though. Sure it might make them harder to find but at least you don'[t end up with 10 THM figures on the shelves collecting dust.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ohhh... But you do end up with shelfwarmers if you shortpack figures. Anyone remember the fate of S1 Kermit and Piggy?

MWoO

Reaction score
This is true, but there was also a LOT of series 1 made to begin with. It was the most produced series of the line. When you have smaller runs i think it is ok to short pack figures. Maybe they could even short pack just half the cases of soemthing.

beaker

Reaction score
So...when are the Sesame figures coming out exactly? They are kind of messing up by missing out on the post xmas shopping rush. I can't wait to see the Sesame Martian sculpts. Hey, is that a picture of Mahna Mahna that comes with the two headed monster?

Telly

Reaction score
I'm bummed cuz Media Play is closing. That's where I was planning on buying my Sesame Street figures cuz that's where I bought 98% of my Muppet ones. Of course if retailers are being jerks and not wanting them, i'll have to get them on line anyway. :boo:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To answer Beaker's questions...

1 We don't know "exactly" when the figures wil be released. However, they should be due by early next year I'd guess, since Palisades have shown off the figures packaged in their blisters over on their boards.
2 That's not Mahna Mahna on the record album cover included with the Two-Headed Monster. It's a picture of the Beetles, the SS band from the song Letter B.
3 The Martians were dropped from the S2 lineup along with Roosevelt Franklin, in favor of Grover Monster and Elmo.
Hope this helps.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
When is Palisaeds actually going to have the SS figures on their own page?