Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4504 - Numeric-Con

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4504 - Numeric-Con
Thursday September 18, 2014

Sesame Street is hosting the Numeric-Con convention and Elmo and Leela are going! Leela helps Elmo create a plan so he can do the things he wants to do most. Things are going well until Elmo discovers that his favorite hero, The Green LanTEN, has left. Now how will he be able to finish everything on his plan?

Subject: Math, Self-Regulation
Brought to you by: A & 0
Word on the Street: Flexible – To change or bend easily.

If you've seen "Numeric-Con" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the one episode I'm looking forward to the most! :excited:

*Goes over list of things to do today.
1 Attend Numeric Con opening ceremonies.
2 Head to the Cookie's Crummy Pictures panel for the awaited presentation of Star S'Mores.
3 Watch the Number of the Day Dancers' interpretation of the number 0.
4 Move on to the Elmo the Musical panel for their daily presentation.

Depends on whether the Abby's Flying Fairy School panel has a repeat presentation of the time the fairies went to Puck's Petting Zoo for me to decide if I'll skip it or not, my schedule has at least that little bit of room to be flexible.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4504: Numeric Con.

Leela as Princess Threea including three buns.
Elmo as the Dark Nine.
Saw the Not Mario Brothers.
Sneak peak of... Dr. Two!
Parade of aliens includes Martians!
Hey, they referenced back to last year's Count Tribute episode by having Elmo count the aliens by two.
Martin seems to be voicing the Comic Book Guy Muppet as he voices "Worst convention ever."
Next, we get a photo of the Fantabulous Four, this is probably an extra scene for the DVD.
Everybody's waiting in line for Fiverine's autograph.
Aw thanks Chris, you broke Fiverine's crayons. And he gets his first #5 autograph.
Glad to see the Green FourNet. But did the Green LanTen show up before Elmo was told he left?
So the Green LanTen's absence leads to the appearance by CapTen Kirk.

Muppet/Celebrity Word of the Day Explanation with Grover.
Muppets: Murray tries drawing his own comic book and superhero character... Which leads to...
Murray Had a Little Lamb: Comic & Cartooning School.
Cookie's Crummy Pictures: Star S'Mores.
Princess Parfeia: Help, I've been captured by the evil galactic empire!"
Thanks for just repeating what the narrator said!
:insatiable: "Help me OnlyOneCanoli, you me only hope."
Groda! ! That's what I've been thinking of for years!
They went there with Darth Baker and Luke Piewalker!
Hey, a reference to Cookie's Granny Monster.
And as a reward for rescuing Princess Parfeia, they get her hairdo made of cookies.
Film: A for Astronaut.
Film/Animation: Alissa's Astronaut Adventures.
Murray gets more tips on creating his superhero character, Jumpshot.
Abby's Flying Fairy School: Super Fairy.
Song: "Zero, Not Your Average Hero."
The tone reminds me of the classic Spider-Man theme song, and at the same time it makes me think of My Hero Zero from Schoolhouse Rock's Multiplication Rock.
Muppets: :batty: counts 0 around :grouchy:'s trashcan, reused from last season.
Film/Animation: Spacy Alphabet Song.
Murray gets to hear more stories about the various superhero characters.
EElmo the Musical: Pizza the Musical.

Great episode... Absolutely loved Numeric Con and Star S'Mores. This year has certainly presented a stronger feel to each individual episode's theme with the supporting sketches and songs.

Would love to know all the Numeric Con characters that appeared now that we've gotten the episode, but there'll probably be even more when the DVD Elmo's Super Numbers hits on October 8 later this year.

Best convention ever! :batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The episode worth waiting for. While I'd otherwise say the only complaint is that it was too short, the extended version is going to get me to buy the DVD. 'Nuff said.

Somehow, when I heard the word of the day was flexible, I pictured Elmo standing in line for hours, not being able to get into a panel anyway. :fanatic:

Loved it all... Elmo's Dark Nine voice, Dr. Two's Twodis and Twoleks with the Two Headed Monster sitting on the side. Fiverine and Joey's probably unintended Steve Blum impersonation, the Green Four-net lamenting that he gets confused with the Green Lan-Ten all the time. Comic Book Guy, or rather Math Book Guy complaining about how this was the Worst Convention Ever until it wasn't. And of course, the...hammy exploits...of... Cap....TenKirk and... the Numeri-KAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNN!!!! Followed up by J.J Abrahms movie Spock and Grover (or if you prefer, Sylar and Grover... if he were Super Grover, he'd be in big trouble). Murray's excursion to comic school was too cute for me to make any cynic references to student loans. And of course...

Star Smores! Why won't Flan learn? Let the Cookie Win! Leslie's dead on Carrie Fisher imitation was the best surprise of the entire skit. SW's press release spoiled Groda's bit. Subtle background bits... Oscar as R2 and Snuffy who I thought smelled bad on the inside (yeah, that's the wrong beast, but it's a funnier joke that way).

Capped off with Pizza the Musical featuring another Star Wars parody in it.

This leaves me with one question...

Why was this NOT the season opener? it totally should have been!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hexactly, this should have TOTALLY been the Season 45 premiere!
I hope we only have to wait until next year instead of three more *:wink:* for the sequel, The Cookie Crunches Back.

:grouchy: as R2-D2? And Snuffy as a Wampum Beast? Those are the types of things I miss cause they keep them as silent cameos.

Will def have to buy the DVD in October. Numeric Con rules!

Drtooth

Reaction score
:grouchy: as R2-D2? And Snuffy as a Wampum Beast? Those are the types of things I miss cause they keep them as silent cameos.
Garbage Can R2-D2, actually. But Sesame Street, it's not hard to see Oscar in there. But Trash2 D2 reminds me of the background gag in the Animaniacs SNES game which uses a similar gag. And repeated dashing on it gives you coins.

Now that I think of it, it's weird that Count Von Count wasn't there (probably in the extended version or something)... I choose to think he decided to go to NumBot Con instead. Taking pictures with Optimus Nine and Bumble Three, going to the panel on Beast Fours, and buying the con-exclusive SixShot (which I didn't even need to torture a pun out of).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Leslie's dead on Carrie Fisher imitation was the best surprise of the entire skit.
It was actually Stephanie. "But, let's not be anal."

CapTen Kirk was solid gold for me. Especially his "NumericCONNNNNNNN!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, according to the Toughpigs article where Joe talks about his cameo in Episode 4502 and then getting called back for Numeric Con, it's mentioned that :super: and :batty: argue over the pronounciation of "Sevengers" so I now know that'll be in the DVD release.

Also, because Bert as the Caped Crus-Eighter wasn't that prominent and because it happens at the real cons, I don't mind Elmo as The Dark Nine. But does anyone else think he could've been General Nine-a-Hawk so we could've gotten a variation of the musical cue whenever the dialogue mentioned him as "a real number hero"? Or better yet, "a real Numericon hero"?

*Wonders if Numbot-Con would be overrun by the Twolleks the same way we got Commadore Kangaroo crashing Captain Sulu's boat with Beaker during that one Star Trek fancon.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I loved CapTen Kirk's spot on of the actual Captain Kirk. It was very funny, spot on, and very fun to see!

Drtooth

Reaction score
*Wonders if Numbot-Con would be overrun by the Twolleks the same way we got Commadore Kangaroo crashing Captain Sulu's boat with Beaker during that one Star Trek fancon.

Eh... made reference to Bot-Con. A Transformers convention.

It was actually Stephanie.
Eh, whatever then. They certainly use her so much you forget there are other female performers. But yeah, dead on Carrie Fisher.

Anyone else think that adding Muppet Eyes to a Darth Vader (Darth Baker in this case) kinda makes it look like Darth Tater? I say that because it's on a shelf next to the TV I watched it on, so it was hard not to see that.