Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4504 - Numeric-Con

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
Excellent episode. Very funny. The Comic Book Guy Muppet was probably my favorite part. And again, I can listen to Nitya Vidyasagar sing all day every day. If she has a solo song in every episode, I wouldn't complain.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
:grouchy: as R2-D2? And Snuffy as a Wampum Beast? Those are the types of things I miss cause they keep them as silent cameos.
I missed those two. It would be nice to see images if anybody has those. I also have to agree about the comic on the Count, I was expecting him to show up somewhere in a number themed episode, but you know how they always want to get Elmo in one way or another. I don't see why it's necessary though since he's already in every episode in inserts and ETM. It's about time the Count had a street scene.

Star Smores! Why won't Flan learn? Let the Cookie Win! Leslie's dead on Carrie Fisher imitation was the best surprise of the entire skit. SW's press release spoiled Groda's bit. Subtle background bits...
I liked that Grover played Groda. That's what they need in "Crumby Pictures," more appearances by other SS characters. Though I did like the AM with Walter's voice. BTW was it Frank or Eric as Groda? I know Frank still does his characters at least once per season and both of them have voice Yoda so I'm just a little curious there.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
@Daffyfan2003:
It was Eric voicing Groda. Heh, "there is no try, only... Sing!"

@Drtooth:
Yeah, I know about Botcon. Just sayin' if the Autobots and Decepticons suddenly had to fend themselves against the invading Twolleks from the Dr. Two universe.

Would like to know how it is Grover was specifically Nick Furry with no other Sevenger members present. For the time being, I'm just imagining :super: in a dapper business suit with the eyepatch over one eye in the role of Furcon-7 instead.

Like I said earlier, would love all the characters, parody or whatnot that appeared in this episode.

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
Before I begin, I thought today's episode was the season premiere since new Sesame Street episodes tend to air on Thursdays so I missed the Ernie and Bert episode I was looking forward.

I recorded the episode on my DVR this morning, and watched it this afternoon. Overall, it was an amusing episode that I had a blast watching. The opening plot was an excellent parody of the Comic-Con conventions, and I enjoyed the superhero name puns like the Dark Nine, Green Lanten, Green Fournet, and Wolvenine. Leela and Elmo (who surprisingly didn't feel annoying) had decent chemistry with each other. On a side note, Ryan Dillion has really stepped on his performance and voice of Elmo; his voice was a little too high-pitched in some scenes, but he has done an excellent job filling in Kevin Clash's shoes. Speaking of Kevin, it's a little disheartening he isn't being credited this season since I was hoping that he may return since he's free from the lawsuits. Frank Oz also isn't being credited as a Muppet performer this season; I was really holding out for some new material from him. The "Star Wars" parody and a couple of the segments were hilarious to watch. I still don't care too much for "Abby's Flying Fairy School" or "Elmo the Musical". Overall, it was a pretty good episode that continues the comedic wit and educational content that Sesame Street is known for.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was very good. Eric gave a great performance as Dr. 2, Marty made me laugh with the comic book guy, Capten Kirk cracked me up! Who played him? The Word of the Day was funny. The MHALL was good. The new CCP was awesome. I hope this means they use other Muppets in these bits from now on. Who played Only-One-Canoli? The Number of the Day was a nice twist with the Count just shrugging and laughing.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Anybody else notice Albus DumbleFour wandering by behind The Dark Nine and Princess Three-a at the beginning! Oh man, I want that puppet!

I was home sick today from work, and this episode was the highlight of my day, I kid you not. Thanks, Sesame Street!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Albus DumbleFour? ! Dang it, I needs me a list of all the Numeric Con attendees/cosplayers!

BTW: Was Zero the Hero a number 0 character or an animated charicature?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Before I begin, I thought today's episode was the season premiere since new Sesame Street episodes tend to air on Thursdays so I missed the Ernie and Bert episode I was looking forward.

I recorded the episode on my DVR this morning, and watched it this afternoon. Overall, it was an amusing episode that I had a blast watching. The opening plot was an excellent parody of the Comic-Con conventions, and I enjoyed the superhero name puns like the Dark Nine, Green Lanten, Green Fournet, and Wolvenine. Leela and Elmo (who surprisingly didn't feel annoying) had decent chemistry with each other. On a side note, Ryan Dillion has really stepped on his performance and voice of Elmo; his voice was a little too high-pitched in some scenes, but he has done an excellent job filling in Kevin Clash's shoes. Speaking of Kevin, it's a little disheartening he isn't being credited this season since I was hoping that he may return since he's free from the lawsuits. Frank Oz also isn't being credited as a Muppet performer this season; I was really holding out for some new material from him. The "Star Wars" parody and a couple of the segments were hilarious to watch. I still don't care too much for "Abby's Flying Fairy School" or "Elmo the Musical". Overall, it was a pretty good episode that continues the comedic wit and educational content that Sesame Street is known for.
Yeah. I was thinking that we'd probably still hear Kevin as :laugh: in repeat episodes or even in inserts from earlier seasons, so they should have left his name in the credits. Heck, Henson was credited on the show long after he died, so that wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anybody else notice Albus DumbleFour wandering by behind The Dark Nine and Princess Three-a at the beginning! Oh man, I want that puppet!
Had a feeling it was either him or Gandol...ffff....four. Gandolfour.

Yeah, had to be Dumbledore, then. Probably recycled from Crumbledore in the upcoming Crumby Pictures Harry Potter parody.