Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4508 - Ernie’s Dance Video

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Season 45 Episode 4508 - Ernie’s Dance Video
Friday October 10, 2014

Ernie wants to make a video of the world dancing with him. Bert throws a wrench in his plans because he doesn’t want to dance, but he encourages Ernie to change his plan. Will Ernie be able to finish his dance video?

Subject: Self-Regulation
Brought to you by: D & 20
Word on the Street: Ridiculous – Very, very silly or awkward.

If you've seen "Ernie’s Dance Video" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's great to see Ernie and Bert in a main story for the second time this season. Billy's Ernie sounds better this time. I'd say it sounds somewhere in between Steve and Jim. And a classic Ernie and Bert set up, Bert not wanting to dance until Ernie finally eggs him on. Suffy and Big Bird were there too, albeit silently. Weird fridge logic comes into play as Bert was actually less willing to dance than Oscar. How the heck did Ernie get him to participate?

I liked Grover doing the word of the day. Perfect celebrity pairing. But why is Aziz shouting at me? I didn't do anything. :fanatic:

While I've seen the Cookie of Oz bit when it popped up online months ago, It was fun to see again. They managed to put on a good parody without most of the iconic characters and it still worked better than a certain 88 minute version featuring other Muppets.

My only real complaint is, you're reusing Power of Yet that soon?!? Really?!?! Now, I can overlook the Spanish/English thing as an oversight. But why are they reusing two songs this soon in the season? We're not even at the halfway point yet.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Which were the humans in the street scene?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Most of them, but Mando was the only one that had a line of dialogue.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was very good. It was nice to see Mando and Ernie interact and the song was catchy. Billy actually isn't a bad replacement. The WOTD was funny. The new CCP was funny. I loved the digestive fairy.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It's great to see Ernie and Bert in a main story for the second time this season. Billy's Ernie sounds better this time.
I agree there. I noticed a change in the voice in the last B & E episode, but in this ep I might not have noticed it wasn't Steve. Seems like Billy is getting better each time.

Which were the humans in the street scene?
I caught Alan, Chris, Leela, Maria and Luis. Of course Mando wasn't there, but we won't count him since he was shown early on.

Snuffy and Big Bird were there too, albeit silently.
Yeah. It's a shame they weren't given any lines, though they did have the letter D dance in the insert. I'm not sure if that was shown before or if that was new this season.

Weird fridge logic comes into play as Bert was actually less willing to dance than Oscar. How the heck did Ernie get him to participate?
I wondered about that too. Maybe Oscar had a 'grouch dance' or something like that. :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. The D- Dance. I can't believe they actually showed the D-Dance. Sure, it fits with the concept of the episode and the letter D tie in... but that was made 5 years ago. Even then, it was near the end of the iPod commercial's relevance. Do they even make those anymore? They only advertise the iPads and iPhones. That's the problem with SS's parody segments. They take over a year to make the show, and by then a good chunk of the references are dated. But what's worse is when they use something that's been long expired. Like last year's appearance of Preschool Musical. At least with Joe Hundred Guy they knew enough to use it once and discard it from the show before the reference fell out of relevance.

SS really needs to know when a pop culture reference has expired. Lest we wind up seeing Desperate Houseplants again.