Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4508 - Ernie’s Dance Video

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Billy's Ernie was a little better in this episode (his singing not so much). Enjoyed the rest of the story, but it felt kind of short/rushed. A lot of the stories this season have seemed that way.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Will agree with the sentiment that Ernie's new performer is sounding a bit better in this episode than he did in Episode 4502.

Hey, how did Bert get an iphone? And did he wait in that ginormous uncredibly mile-long line a few weeks ago to get the iphone 6? :fanatic:
Heh, Angry Pigeons, I'll wait for the movie being developed for next year.
Drtooth complaining about the reuse of "The Power Of Yet"? Heh, called that one.
CCP: The Cookie of Oz... Was that Oscar as the Cookie Tin Man? And I think Doughrothy would have remembered the first clue in her journey if there had been some small baby doughnut balls singing "Follow the Chocolate Chip Road".
Did anyone catch the animated bits done for the number 20? I kinda wish they'd go into the archives and bring out the cartoon where the numbers from 1 to 20 get individually destroyed in succession.
:insatiable: eating that 14 always sticks in my mind. That, and the feather landing gently on the 20 before it just shatters.

Looking forward to the next episode, even though it won't air until near Halloween.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Billy's Ernie was a little better in this episode (his singing not so much). Enjoyed the rest of the story, but it felt kind of short/rushed. A lot of the stories this season have seemed that way.
I've been thinking that, too. Seems like Numericon is the only one they really put care behind. That's probably why I'm unimpressed with most of the episodes. There's something off about them.

Drtooth complaining about the reuse of "The Power Of Yet"? Heh, called that one.
Not so much they reused it as much as they reused it this early in the season! We didn't even get halfway through the episodes yet and we're seeing double reruns of song segments. They can't even wait until halfway through the season to reuse stuff. Really?!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel about Ernie's new performer, but for right now, it's okay. It'll take some getting used to. I thought that the street story was a little too short, too.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
So, Bert goes from needing training wheels on his bike a few episodes ago to using an iPhone here? Actually, it doesn't surprise me. Most kids these days have smartphones before they can ride a two-wheeler. Oh America.

Anyway, it would have been nice to have some other characters talk, but I was just happy to see so many of them all together. It is a nice reminder of the community of the street. It was nice to see Maria, Luis, Big Bird, Snuffy, Oscar (in his first appearance of the season, yes?), and everyone else.

Billy's Ernie was... better. It still seemed like his voice was dubbed over which was confusing. I don't know why they couldn't have found someone to do both the voice and the puppetry. John Tartaglia has done the character before. He could have done it.

I still don't understand why something like this wasn't the season premiere when School for Chickens was. School. For. Chickens.

Anyway, solid street story. I enjoyed it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, Bert goes from needing training wheels on his bike a few episodes ago to using an iPhone here? Actually, it doesn't surprise me. Most kids these days have smartphones before they can ride a two-wheeler. Oh America.
Bert is of an ambiguous, undefined age. That said, not everyone who rides a bike learned when they were younger. So it could go either way. Plus, you can also argue that kids don't share apartments and live alone.

(also, Bert's not 50 feet tall and can't glide through buildings, but the special effects guys found a way).

I still don't understand why something like this wasn't the season premiere when School for Chickens was. School. For. Chickens.
That really seemed like an oversight (and come on... it should have been Numericon). Then again, be thankful the premiere wasn't 15's Quincenera or Penelope Penguin. Shudder...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Billy is nothing more than a fill in for Steve. He hasn't officially retired from the role, and the season was taped in between reshoots of MMW and promotions for the same film. I'm sure he was just unavailable, and something tells me they did try to get him to dub his voice over in Bert's Training Wheels, but he still wasn't available and Billy had to dub in last minute anyway. And as anyone who watched the episode can tell you, there's an air of last minute all over the episode.

I'm not saying he is or is not coming back. We have as much information at the moment as you do, and anything else is speculatory.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have not yet heard Billy's Ernie, but if it means getting him in more street stories and used more in general then I'm all for a recast.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say he sounds like a halfway in between of Jim and Steve. Yeah. If Steve's too busy to perform his characters, I have no problem with an experienced recast. Though there are a lot of Ernie and Bert skits made with international shows in mind that the US hasn't seen yet. Yeah, they pulled a "Short run in Peru" on us. I'm sure Steve did those, and I'm sure we'll see him as Ernie again.

Meanwhile, Billy's been Ernie for longer than we realize. He's been doing Ernie's voice for stage shows 5 years ago.