1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4601 - Bedtime Story

Discussion in 'Season 46' started by Phillip, Jan 15, 2016.

?

Will you watch new Sesame Street episodes on HBO?

1. Yes, I'll see new Sesame Street on HBO.

2. No, I'll see new Sesame Street on PBS.

3. Either way, I won't be watching Sesame Street.

Results are only viewable after voting.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Him being credited could just be part of SW trying to keep the older characters' retirement quiet and gradual, much like Billy Barkhurst taking over Ernie. It was already big national news that Maria was leaving, SST might not want to get negative attention for firing all the rest of the original cast members.

2. OscarandTelly

OscarandTelly Member

That is true. Sometimes someone's name stays in the credits during the 1st year theyr'e not on the show anymore. I know it happened with Gabi in Season 43, and I think it also happened with Uncle Wally in Season 23, as I know he was still in the credits that year, however iv'e seen a ton of Season 23 episodes, and i can't think of any he was in. So yeah it might have to do with contract issues or something. I really dont know for sure.

3. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Ok I live in the UK and don't often hear about these things so thank you

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well he appeared in episode 2931 but that's the only one on Muppet Wiki that has a page.

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I totally think that SW's lower budget is also acontributing factor to the lack of cast variety this season. We're not going to know until season 47 (or until more season 47 details pop up) if that's the case, since 47 will be the first season produced entirely by HBO's money. When it comes to the older cast, sure. I can see them not being quite as energetic as they used to be. Carol's been working on this show for almost half a century(!) and has been in the puppetry game for a while before that as well. He's the only original Muppet puppeteer still with the show on a regular basis. Maybe Frank comes in every once in a while to do one or two skits.

It's the younger cast member uninclutions that kinda bug me, especially after the huge casting search contest for Mando, only to see him completely absent this season.