1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4718 - Counting Hats

Discussion in 'Season 47' started by Phillip, May 6, 2017.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Episode 4718 - Counting Hats
    HBO Premiere: Saturday May 6, 2017

Elmo and Zoe compete to see who can wear the most hats on their head.

This episode features a street story from Season 39, Super Grover 2.0 ("Balancing Act") and a new Elmo's World ("Counting").

[​IMG]

If you saw "Counting Hats" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a new Elmo's World?

3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

That "C is for Counting" toon, while expertly animated, is a solid example of why I don't like this format. It's a letter segment, but it's teaching counting instead. I know some segments in the past have had dual lessons, but this one makes no sense to me. They started off with a C word, cats, but then moved yo the yarn or string or whatever, which doesn't start with C. I don't get what they're trying to do here.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I can't for the life of me figure out why they keep repeating this episode. I mean, out of all the episodes about addition, this was probably the most boring.

5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It was nice to see the Count do the bookends. It's about time he did something other than the number of the day. My favorite part of the new Elmo's World was Mr. Noodle's poodle Schmoodle pushing a shopping cart with all his toys.

6. Garrett

Garrett Member

There is a new Elmo's World, and it is about Counting.

7. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Thank you Garrett.

8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Never seen this episode, but I've seen pics from it (like in the 40 years book); it was interesting, to say the least. The AM emcee looked a little like Leslie.

9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, not sure why this one gets repeated a lot.

It's far more boring since they cut out probably the more interesting parts.

10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Y'know, come to think of it- most of the episodes specifically about math seem to be the pretty boring.

11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Math is a pretty boring subject in general.

12. OscarandTelly

OscarandTelly Member

I noticed they cut out Susan's scene in this episode. I know Gordon was there throughout it but it originally had Susan make a 20 second cameo. I wonder if now that the older humans are gone from the new episodes, if we're gonna see more of this sort of thing as time goes on and they continue to air reruns from those years. Like if they'll just choose ones that don't feature any older humans, or ones that only feature a brief appearance of them and they'll simply remove the scene.

13. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I just posted in the other thread about the bike shop episode, how there was no mention of Luis. I recall someone posting an April Fool's joke this year about all humans being gone from the cast eventually. The way things are going this season, that doesn't seem like too much of a stretch. *sigh*