Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I've noticed an extreme lack of episodes from seasons 30-34 avalable to watch online. A lot of episodes from 90s are on YouTube and Dailymotion.com and a good amount from the 70s and 80s are up,but never ones from 1998-2003.I know they aired on the Sprout channel for awhile but I only got to watch like two episodes before they were replaced by later episodes. So if anyone has some episodes from late-1998 to 2003 please send them to me via email or please post them to YouTube/Dailymotion,it would seriously mean a lot to me to get to watch the episodes from my early childhood once again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had a number of Season 30-38 episodes posts on YT at one point, but that was around the time that SW started dishing out copyright strikes for posting their content, and since I received one from them for posting Elmo's World, I had to remove all that I had posted to avoid further strikes.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I had a number of Season 30-38 episodes posts on YT at one point, but that was around the time that SW started dishing out copyright strikes for posting their content, and since I received one from them for posting Elmo's World, I had to remove all that I had posted to avoid further strikes.
Yeah, SW dosen't seem to be blocking content for copyright issues anymore but you never know when they may strike again. I mean I completely understand why they wouldn't want other people posting their stuff but they hardly ever release anything that's not from the most recent seasons on DVD,the official website,itunes or even their own streaming service.They have a massive library of episodes but they don't let them out of the vault. That's thousands of episodes that may never see the light of day again. Thank goodness for people like you and Sesame Maniac.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Could you please put those episodes on Dailymotion? There were really good episodes you have.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think the VCR half of my DVD recorder is dying again . . . I swear I think these things are designed to break intentionally: I've gone through three of those machines just in the last few years, and all because the VCRs start breaking down.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I think the VCR half of my DVD recorder is dying again . . . I swear I think these things are designed to break intentionally: I've gone through three of those machines just in the last few years, and all because the VCRs start breaking down.
Yeah my parents used to keep having to buy new ones a lot, it seemed they always broke almost as soon as we got them, although the one we have currently has surprisingly lasted over a year. That's how I lost my favorite Sesame tape when I was five,I put it in the VCR pressed play and then I heard a popping noise. I took the tape out and it had a big hole in the side of it.:stick_out_tongue:

Schfifty

Reaction score
I've debated whether or not I should upload any Season 30-31 episodes on YouTube myself. Mostly I just play it safe with my public videos and only share various films/cartoons/Muppet sketches. Although, maybe I should look into sharing some episodes or street scenes. I practically have all the episodes from Seasons 30 and 31 recorded on VHS tapes, and there's definitely some useful stuff from those two seasons that could be seen.

When did you post them? And were those Elmo's World segments uploaded as part of the episodes, or were they individual EW videos?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Umm... if my memory serves correctly, I believe I may have posted them throughout 2012, I think it was... somewhere around that time, because that was the first time I was able to convert VHS to DVD+RW again. I posted both full episodes (in 15-minute installments, since my goof-off channel still has a time limit) and individual EW segments; with Seasons 33-38, however, I only posted the street stories.

I also, at one point, had BIG BIRD'S BIRTHDAY OR LET ME EAT CAKE up as well.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Heh...maybe that's why you got struck. Those seasons were from 2002-2007, so that's less than ten years, which is fairly recent if it's 2012, before you uploaded them.

Actually, I may need to reconsider if I'm ever going to post any Season 30/31 episodes. Sesame Workshop has a few official uploads of Elmo's World, and they seem to be pretty uptight about it. There's also lots of EW videos that are uploaded by spam accounts or robots, and you know whatever they upload, it's usually something that's not permitted on YT. Seeing this with Elmo's World, I'm starting to think it wouldn't be a good idea to post episodes if they have EW in them.

Also, I remember the BBBOLMEC video! Wasn't that the video with the poor quality and the snowy line in the middle? IIRC, that video was originally on YouTube in like 2010 or so.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, that was actually way back in 2008, and when YT compressed videos moreso than they do now because videos weren't offered in playback quality higher than 360p (no higher than 240 in some cases), so that caused the video quality to be even poorer than it was.