Sesame Street to Introduce HIV-Positive Muppet

Drtooth

Reaction score
WHAT ABOUT SOUTH AFRICA!?!?! Wasn't that the whole point? Instead of this heated debate about gender preferences.

Once again, I think people should be who they are, gay, strait, even both. But really. South Africa's the problem, not the US, the Morality crusade, not that stuff at all.

Phffff!

Now, let's get back to South Africa.

(By the way, I'm repeating South Africa all this time so I can remember what we were talking about!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
as long as Mr. Special Education will stop:
I realize that you are angry, but who are you trying to insult here... Special_Ed or developmentally delayed people enrolled in special education classes?:wink:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
I realize that you are angry, but who are you trying to insult here... Special_Ed or developmentally delayed people enrolled in special education classes?:wink:
Hey W lover,

Nobody really, I was just really upset and it was a little play on the fact that he has been mis-typing everyone's name (radiationate, Monkey Man).

Trust me, not giving anyone any ammo!:big_grin:

S

Special_Ed

Dr tooth,

Your comment on your philosophy is what I'm talking about, situational ethics. "If it feels good, do it." is an unacceptable way to behave.

Joggy,

You did not give anything to support that Homosexuality is harmless, when you do I shall rebutt.

If I were making fun of your opinions, you'd know it.

The things you have metioned that Dutch TV teaches children are none of Dutch TV's business. Leave parenting up to the parents.

Radiationate,

If an internate conversation is upsetting you then you are just too into these things. That's the silliest thing I"ve ever heard.

1.) Your life story proves nothing. It does not provide a complete and thurough history to explain anything. There is no such thing as a gay gene and if they ever claim to find one you can be certain that gay groups all over the country will quickly try to protect the so called gay gene from being tampered with.

2.) Blaming God for your choice of lifestyle is a cop out and a sad one at that.

3.) I have been reading the other threads, just not posting. I'm a very busy man and only have time to post in things I chose to post about. I am not in the dark ages and nothing shall ever remove my morailty derived from God!

Fellow lover,

LOL!

Radiationationater,

I don't deliberately try to get your names wrong, (that time I did, just to show how silly you're being.) You know who I'm talking to and that's what really matters.

-The Special Edmeister

Jackie

Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea for them to introduce an HIV-Positive Muppet on Sesame Street...I mean we've shown paralyzed people, blind people, why not someone with a disease. It doesn't matter what the problem is, we should be accepting and love all people, no matter what kind of disease or problems they have. I say it will expose the child to a new kind of disease that they are usually shaded from, and educate the parent a great deal.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
It doesn't matter what the problem is, we should be accepting and love all people, no matter what kind of disease or problems they have.
Sniff Sniff! True true true!!

But I can't tell if I'm crying because you're speach is beautiful, or that no one read my Telephone cat post!

Hays

Reaction score
Special Ed - I am not, personally, a Christian, but I have a real problem with Christians sermonizing about someone else's behavior when the New Testament QUOTES Jesus as saying "Let he who has no sin cast the first stone."

I think this is because (though, again, I'm not a Christian) as sinners we probably don't have a clear idea of what is a sin and what isn't. That's God's job - our job is to muddle through as best we can and let the rest of the world do the same. I don't think homosexuality is a sin, and there is good evidence that the Bible doesn't think so either (if you don't include the Old Testament - but there many, many "sins" listed there that are clearly ignored by Christians - eating pork, for example)

I hope that my earlier statements about toddlers not being ready for discussions about sexuality didn't give the impression that I support any kind of judgement about someone else's personal life, or that I believe that homosexuality is wrong. Don't forget the Declaration: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." I think it is wrong to stop anyone from pursuing happiness just because what makes them happy is different from what makes me happy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hays
"Let he who has no sin cast the first stone."
How about a scone? Can I cast the first scone, then?

Sorry! I'm just trying to releive the tention...I caused....uh...by telling that joke!

Jackie

Reaction score
Yay Hays!!

I wonder if I have any sin? LOL! :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to post a link that Warrick gave to me in chat. He has an article on his SUPERB website that we all know and love. It's all about the South African version of Sesame Street from a magazine article and you can view it here. It's large pictures so it takes a while to load !

I think this would be useful for people trying to give their opinions on how the show in question would handle things if they knew more about it - so nows your chance !

Love and Penguins,