Sesame Street Tribute Show

Lemonzinger

Reaction score
Hi all.

I was wondering if any of you are in bands, and if you are, have you ever played or considered putting together a show where all anyone plays is covers of Sesame Street tunes.

I know there are national acts who have covered SS songs before, but what I'm talking about is getting 5 or 6 bands together on one night, with each band playing like 5 to 7 songs. I'm in a band that would love to participate in something like this, but I'm probably going to be the one to have to get the ball rolling.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this, any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Rich

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Rich,

If you do get something like this together be sure to let me know. I would love to play your band's Sesame covers on Muppet Central Radio.

Lemonzinger

Reaction score
Thanks Phil!

I'm hoping I can get enough bands in my area interested enough to pull this off.

Rich

Lemonzinger

Reaction score
Oh!

I just thought of one more thing.

If anyone would like to make a list of songs they'd like to hear covered, we're open to taking requests!

Rich

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I don't play in a band, but I do play the piano. I have performed in many recitals, and most of the songs I do are from Sesame Street. It's great that there's a place for them, because I have received a lot of negative feedback for it. But it still probably won't make me famous like Hilary Duff.

P

Philo and Gunge

Well, my friend is in the school band (he plays the trombone!) and says that the band is doing the SS theme at the winter concert. It has a bit of a craze around the school, my friend started singing it and a girl in my LA class has been singing it, also. My study hall teacher (who also teaches music) was humming the SS theme as he came in. Phil, I could try to get you a recording.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I have actually thought of doing this, but have no way of putting it together. I thought the name "Jazzy Spies" would be a neat band name for this sort of thing! I also realized it would have limited appeal for so much work to be put into it, and I would have a hard time putting together enough people who would even want to do it. There are so many songs that could be done. Wouldn't it be neat to play at Muppetfest in a band like that? In general, the songs are very short, and you'd have to do twice as many to fill up a regular length set...not that I'd mind!

If this gets done, let me know how it goes.

eric

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There was a guy who posted here at MC once whose band did a cover of "Can You Picture That?" It was really REALLY good!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, their version is on Muppet Central Radio. Excellent stuff. A thread about it is in the "On the Web" folder. Hang on, I'll get it...