Sesame Street Unpaved Episodes

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everything's fine... MuppetDude did nothing wrong. Really I am impressed with the list he has put together.

mikealan

Reaction score
I think I can make my own guides of the only two Unpaved episodes I watched!

Oscar's Stop Signs
Sponsored by: H, 12
Original Airdate: 1970

Description:
Bob, Gordon and Mr. Hooper see Stop signs all over Sesame Street, so they asked the green Oscar why did he do that. Oscar explains that he puts them all over Sesame Street, because he wants everything to stop. Also, Gordon helps the kids on what does not belong and Susan helps the kids on what happens next. At the end, Bob holds the Spanish sign of Stop.

What You'll See...

Cartoon: Stop
Film: Stop
Muppets: Kermit and Cookie on Happy
Muppets: Kermit's What Happens Next Machine
Film: Jungle Animals
Film: A boy makes an apple pie for his mom at the bakery
Cartoon: Red guy explains about the letter H
Cartoon: Man says Hello
Cartoon: Little girl says the alphabet
Muppets: Gordon and Susan make the H
Cartoon: Man countsdown
Film: There Once Was A Hand
Muppets: Goin' For A Ride

Unknown Episode Number
Rainstorm
Sponsored by: B, M, 4
Original Airdate: 1972

Description:
Molly hears that the weather is about to be rainy, so everyone on Sesame Street had to stay inside. Also in this episode, Molly, Tom and David slip on the slippery hole! And, Big Bird lets Tom to go outside!

What You'll See...

Cartoon: Jack on the Land of B
Cartoon: Squares appear, circles quit
Film: Paul Bendict paints a 4
Cartoon: Four Big Lions (sung by a cartoon fiddler)
Muppets: Mahna Mahna
Cartoon: A cartoon bear who got chased by bees
Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper-Do you know where I wanna be?
Muppets: Two muppet kids play alphabet hide-and-seek
Muppets: Big Bird and Shala demonstrate what is different
Muppets: Farley buys a hat
Muppets: Kermit's B Lecture
Muppets: Ernie Messes the Apartment and finds Bert's love note
Cartoon: The M that came to dinner and ate everything in sight!
Muppets: Mystery of the Four Dragons
Cartoon: Brown boy and baby bear named Bosco in the bath
Cartoon: Ladybugs and lizards on adding and subtracting
Muppets: Kermit counts the eggs
Film: Four penguins
Cartoon: Animals and people on small and ends with a giant gorilla going "I AAAAMMMM BIIIIIIIGGGGG!!!!!"
Muppets: Pink little boy in circle
Cartoon: Various objects that begin with B on the wall
Muppets: Grover surprises Ernie, ends with Herry in a blue nose who dresses like Ernie
Cartoon: One of the dots hit the ice part
Cartoon: M-Milk
Muppets: Ernie has string on all of his fingers
Muppets: Ralph and Harry try to open umbrellas

Even though, I really, REALLY missed every other Sesame Street Unpaved episodes on Noggin, except #162 and Rainstorm. I did get to see the VERY early episodes at the Museum of Television & Radio. I finally get to see the premiere episode on May 26, 2002 and two episodes from 1973 (#536 and #560) on November 5, 2002. Here are my offical guides of these. Enjoy!

Sesame Street (Premiere)
Sponsored by: W, S, E, 2, 3
Original Airdate: November 10, 1969

Description:
Gordon lets Sally to meet everybody on Sesame Street-Susan, Bob, Mr. Hooper, Big Bird, the ORANGE Oscar, Bert, Ernie and Kermit the Frog.

What you'll see...

Cartoon: Soloman Grundy
Film: You can almost clean anything...
Muppets: Everybody Wash
Cartoon: Dots go by one by one
Film/Cartoon: The Baker#3 ("Three birthday cakes!")
Claymation: Sammy the Snake
Film: How was milk made
Cartoon: Animated dots series
Muppets: Consider Yourself (w/Gordon)
Film: Over, Around and Through
Cartoon: A little girl that taught us about through with paint
Film/Cartoon: The Baker#2 ("Two chocolate creme pies!")
Cartoon: Jazzy Spies#2
Cartoon: E...E...See me...eating a peach...
Muppets: Buddy and Jim try to hang the picture on the wall
Cartoon: Wanda the Witch
Muppets: Kermit's W Lecture Part One
Muppets: Kermit's W Lecture Part Two
Muppets: One of these things (w/Susan)
Cartoon: W-Worm ("A good day everyone! I am a worm! Worm begins with this letter-W!")

Another Quiet Day
Sponsored by: D, 2
Original Airdate: November 1973

Description:
It starts where Luis briefly talks to the kids at the Fix-It-Shop. Then, he leaves the Fix-It-Shop and says hi to the large cumbersome muppet robot named Sam. Then, Big Bird and the kids play basketball as Maria and David meet Willy and Susan throws the dirty shirt in Oscar's can. Also in this episode, Big Bird, Snuffy, Maria, Luis, David, Bob, Gordon and Susan play together, but nobody ever saw Snuffy yet, so Snuffy has to go home. As this episode concludes, Stevie Wonder sings "1-2-3 Sesame Street"!

What you'll see...

Muppets: Fat Cat Sat Hat
Cartoon: Daddy Dear
Muppets: Kermit and Joey sing the ABCDEFG Cookie Monster
Cartoon/Film: This is the letter D!
Cartoon: Square
Muppets: Kermit interviews a young visitor
Muppets: Bert and Ernie at the movies: Food noises
Film: There's A Bird On Me
Cartoon: Numbers 1-20 say their names
Cartoon: Jazzy Spies#2
Muppets: Doin' the Pigeon
Muppets: A Brand New Friend of Mine
Film: A Stool For Me
Film: A woman trying to exit as the kids at the theater watch her
Muppets: Beat the Time (Cookie)
Muppets: Ernie draws Bert's head on screen!
Cartoon: the 2 train
Muppets: The clapping segment featuring Roosevelt Franklin and many other nameless anything muppets
Muppets: David finds the way home

Game Show Parodies
Sponsored by: V, X, 4
Original Airdate: December 1973

Description:
Big Bird is performing a short story and a long story. Grown-ups think that the short story is sooo short and they think that the long story is too long and boring.

What you'll see:

Cartoon: Training X's
Muppets: Number 4 Cheerleaders
Cartoon: Cowboy X becomes Cowboy O
Cartoon: Four Big Lions (sung by a cartoon fiddler)
Muppets: The Trading Game
Muppets: Beat the Time
Film: the doll factory
Film: Traffic light
Muppets: Ernie cuts part of the licorice
Cartoon: Letter V in space ("v...v...v...v...V!!!!!")
Cartoon: V-Violin
Muppets: X Marks the Spot (sung by Sherlock Hemlock)
Muppets: X Marks the Spt (skit starring Harvey Kneeslapper)
Film: Everybody Sleeps
Cartoon: Alphabet lunchbox
Muppets: Three AM's wait for the bus
Muppets: Kermit and Grover on short and long
Film/Cartoon: The Baker#4 ("Four root beer floats!")
Cartoon: X-xray
Muppets: Grover and kid count up to twenty
Muppets: 123 Sesame Street (sung by Stevie Wonder!)
Cartoon: Brand X
Muppets: Bert, Ernie and Shala on the letter X
Cartoon: White man on the letter X
Cartoon: The man that hated frogs
Cartoon: Three cuckoo clocks go cuckoo three times
Cartoon: Numbers 1-20 say their names
Cartoon: Dots-missing one dot

See ya!

BlueAM

Reaction score
Mikealan, I have a question for you:

What do the three AMs who waited for the bus in the skit you mentioned look like?

Thanks!

BlueAM

ScottMonster

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Everything's fine... MuppetDude did nothing wrong. Really I am impressed with the list he has put together.
Well in that case, as Kermit would say "the show must go on":smile:

and with that, here's my contribution:

Season 6: 1974 (don't know the ep number)

1.The Count has climbed up to the top of the Sesame Street lamp-post so he can count all the lights on the street as they come on.

2.Exit song (muppets only)

3.Animation demonstrating the letter E as in enter and exit by having a character who goes in and out of two doors to the point of overdoing it

4. Film: Kids at petting zoo

5. Animation (3 children being chased by giant rabbit and outsmart him by hiding behind trees)

6. Dialing For Prizes Movie

7. Girl leads marching band and shouts out order to bang cymbals twice (??very brief)

8. Animation bird about to eat caterpillar, but escapes by turning into a butterfly

9. Prairie Dawn, Ernie, Bert, Herry and Cookie put on vaudville play about how a flower is planted and grown

10.Rodeo Rosie meets the humans (and Big Bird) in Hooper's store

11.Roosevelt Franklin teaches about Africa

12.Alphabet Animation

13.Song "Cream pies on the wall" (Maria, Luis, Bob and David)

14. Film: Mailman on horseback

15.Street scene musical number "What's The Name Of That Song?" (all the humans plus Bert, Herry, Oscar and Count)

16:Animation: King Minus

17.Ernie and Bert in movie theater, Ernie responds to movie by reacting and demonstrating different emotions

18. Animation:Beetle Bailey "always last"

19. Kermit, Grover and horse on farm demonstrating how a horse pulls a cart, but of course Grover never gets it quite right.

20. Street scene: adults, kids, plus Ernie Bert and Herry all assembled around Oscars can at his request so he can show what people look like when they're not happy. (which to Oscar's chagrin, doesn't last very long of course)

21. Animation: pencils in line dance demonstrating concepts of first and last

22. Ernie and Bert: Ernie manages to acquires two noses by pulling off Bert's and attaching it to his own.

23. Animation: Crow and fox with cheese

24. Animation: demonstrates letter E as in "erase" where guy draws his likeness on chalkboard only to have it come to life, grab the eraser and rub out the artist who drew him!

25. Film: little frog climbing a branch while song voice over "I'm gonna get there" is sung. The frog actually winks at the end when he reaches the top.

26. Animation: best described as silhouette and "sand" animation demonstrating letter E with hill-billy style banjo music.

27. Final scene: street scene with Count still up on lamp post sign. It's now dark and the Count watches as everyone turns out their lights, lock up and go home to bed. Luis is the last to turn his out and he locks up the fix it shop and starts to walk home when he suddenly notices the count on top of the sign post. Luis asks him what he's doing up there and the count tells him he's counting the lights going out and he's waiting for the one at the top of the Sesame Street sign, the tenth one, to go out. Luis tells him it won't go out untill morning so he might as well forget it and go home. The count replies "go home? And miss counting ten lights? Never, I will sleep here!" says goodnight to the light and falls asleep still clinging to the lamp post. Bert's voice over is heard saying Sesame Street brought to you today by the letter "E" and the number "2".

More to come, stay tuned!

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
cool!

Muppetdude, please e-mail me (click on my profile and there will be an option). I have been looking for one of those skits, and I was wondering if I could bug you for a detailed description. Thanks so much!

MuppetDude

Reaction score

I never expected to get so many messages! Thanks to all of you guys with your support in this guide. I'll be typing more in the future (and, hopefully, with more of your help, add some more to my [ our ] guide)!

mikealan

Reaction score
Originally posted by BlueAM
Mikealan, I have a question for you:

What do the three AMs who waited for the bus in the skit you mentioned look like?

Thanks!

BlueAM
I remember three AM's that wait for the bus.

The first one is the Fat Blue one, the tall orange lady and a green boy that looks like Farley. I have this clip on tape from the 1987-88 season from PBS.

mikealan

Reaction score
Originally posted by ScottMonster
Well in that case, as Kermit would say "the show must go on":smile:

and with that, here's my contribution:

Season 6: 1974 (don't know the ep number)

1.The Count has climbed up to the top of the Sesame Street lamp-post so he can count all the lights on the street as they come on.

2.Exit song (muppets only)

3.Animation demonstrating the letter E as in enter and exit by having a character who goes in and out of two doors to the point of overdoing it

4. Film: Kids at petting zoo

5. Animation (3 children being chased by giant rabbit and outsmart him by hiding behind trees)

6. Dialing For Prizes Movie

7. Girl leads marching band and shouts out order to bang cymbals twice (??very brief)

8. Animation bird about to eat caterpillar, but escapes by turning into a butterfly

9. Prairie Dawn, Ernie, Bert, Herry and Cookie put on vaudville play about how a flower is planted and grown

10.Rodeo Rosie meets the humans (and Big Bird) in Hooper's store

11.Roosevelt Franklin teaches about Africa

12.Alphabet Animation

13.Song "Cream pies on the wall" (Maria, Luis, Bob and David)

14. Film: Mailman on horseback

15.Street scene musical number "What's The Name Of That Song?" (all the humans plus Bert, Herry, Oscar and Count)

16:Animation: King Minus

17.Ernie and Bert in movie theater, Ernie responds to movie by reacting and demonstrating different emotions

18. Animation:Beetle Bailey "always last"

19. Kermit, Grover and horse on farm demonstrating how a horse pulls a cart, but of course Grover never gets it quite right.

20. Street scene: adults, kids, plus Ernie Bert and Herry all assembled around Oscars can at his request so he can show what people look like when they're not happy. (which to Oscar's chagrin, doesn't last very long of course)

21. Animation: pencils in line dance demonstrating concepts of first and last

22. Ernie and Bert: Ernie manages to acquires two noses by pulling off Bert's and attaching it to his own.

23. Animation: Crow and fox with cheese

24. Animation: demonstrates letter E as in "erase" where guy draws his likeness on chalkboard only to have it come to life, grab the eraser and rub out the artist who drew him!

25. Film: little frog climbing a branch while song voice over "I'm gonna get there" is sung. The frog actually winks at the end when he reaches the top.

26. Animation: best described as silhouette and "sand" animation demonstrating letter E with hill-billy style banjo music.

27. Final scene: street scene with Count still up on lamp post sign. It's now dark and the Count watches as everyone turns out their lights, lock up and go home to bed. Luis is the last to turn his out and he locks up the fix it shop and starts to walk home when he suddenly notices the count on top of the sign post. Luis asks him what he's doing up there and the count tells him he's counting the lights going out and he's waiting for the one at the top of the Sesame Street sign, the tenth one, to go out. Luis tells him it won't go out untill morning so he might as well forget it and go home. The count replies "go home? And miss counting ten lights? Never, I will sleep here!" says goodnight to the light and falls asleep still clinging to the lamp post. Bert's voice over is heard saying Sesame Street brought to you today by the letter "E" and the number "2".

More to come, stay tuned!
Ohh..it had one of my favorite letter animations-the sand ones! I never watched the 1974 premiere, but did you think this episode is really sponsored by the letter E and the number 2?

Mister Fred

Reaction score
sesame street reruns 1970's- early 1980's

Do you have any of the episodes from the 1970's or 1980's (don't know the ep #'s) with the "pockets" song? Whenever my mom watched sesame street with me and that song was on, she'd sing along with it. Let me know if you do. I remember the song starts out "what do we do without pockets..... pockets are perfectly fine".