Sesame Workshop launches video.sesameworkshop.org

mikebennidict

Reaction score
When are they gonna add more? I really wanna see full episodes some time or other!

You're probbaly never gonna see full episodes so let's just deal with it.

Though I do hope they ad more stuff.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do hope they add full episodes at some point, it would be a natural progression. :smile:

And yeah it's not updating that quickly, which is crucial on the Internet.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I hope they add more clips with the SS Monsters (from the 1st season to be more specific).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Many clips have been added over the first few months that it's been online. Sesame Workshop plans on including more soon.

I would like for more first seaosn clips to be included, though what is there is great. There are a lot of rare ones that I've heard of (thanks to the CTW Archives having papers listing nearly every first season sketch and those papers being scanned on Muppet Wiki) but haven't seen.

It seems like many of the recurring film and animation segmnets have only a handful of segments included so far. There's only one baker, jazz numbers, Typewriter, and detective series segment, two Mad Painter and Pinball Number Count segments, and no Teeny Little Superguy, letter candles, speech balloon, or Alice Braitwaite Goodyshoes segments. I forget how many bellhop cartoons there are.

There are a lot of rarities that I hope get put up soon, including Lefty's attempt to sell Ernie a letter U, One Song (Song of One), There's a Hole in the Bucket, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, The Count on Miami Mice (heck, I'd like for any Miami Mice segment to be included) and at Grover's resturaunt, and others. I'd also like for the site to include segmnets with Professor Hastings.

I wonder if Sesame Workshop has to negotiate residuals for these clips, despite them being free. I haven't seen any segments with copyrighted outside characters (except Kermit), very few clips with celebrity guest stars, and none of the first season song covers.

eleneezdad

Reaction score
Mo Willems animation on vid site

I know it's not the Muppetyest part of the Sesame video site, but I was pleased that Mo Willems used his blog to point out the clips he worked on:

mowillemsdoodles.blogspot.com/2008/02/sesame-street-cartoon-fest.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/3cwjeb

Mo's Pigeon and Trixie books are favorites at our house.

Seth in Kansas

Drtooth

Reaction score
Mo Willems is one of my favorite animators.

That said, It looks like they've got the player really cooking now. Last time I checked, the clips were very streamlines, and pretty pixilated and digitized. These are much better somehow today.

BlueAM

Reaction score
I just watched Hey Food, NTV, and Little Miss Count Along on that website, and, although I'm a little off topic, I thought I'd let you know that I did two SS music video parody fan-fics that would've worked great on SS. It's "Subtracting's Pretty" by David Blowie (instead of "Suffragette City"), as well as "We Love Ya, "B"" by The Stop-Stop's (get it? Instead of "We Got the Beat" by the Go-Go's?). I might post the lyrics to one of them if possible, so whaddaya think?

BlueAM

wiley207

Reaction score
What surprised me was that I couldn't find any Little Jerry and the Monotones clips there. But they DO have "Danger's No Stranger" by How Now Brown and the Moo Wave.

I must admit, "Danger" would probably never be rerun again, but "Danger's No Stranger" being rerun could be a possibility. It's from the 1980s and that still seems kinda "recent" to SesameWorkshop. I believe they reran that one until the mid-1990s, but they could've shown it until the early 2000s for all I know

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Here's what I want to see

-Dee Dee Dee

-Me Lost me cookie at the disco

-Kermit's "In" Lecture

-This Frog

-Lefty sells Ernie a U

-Lefty Sells Ernie P & R

-The Cookie Bunny

-The Frazzle Song

-Me Claudius

-Elephant Elevator Operator

-The Secret Alphabet

-The Imagination Game with Little Bird

-Kermit's X-ray

-The Three monsters

-Lulu's back in town

-A you're Adorable

-Everyone Likes Ice cream

-Pick Your Pet

-The Mr. & Mrs. Game

-Here & There

-Ernie the World's Greatest Counter

-Four-Eyed Beautiful Day Monster

-Bert's not home

-Bert Gives Brad a bath

I know it's a long list but I hope it's worth it.