Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Lately it seems these days really are lasting a day instead of lasting weeks. Today is Letter F Day.

The Sesame Family Robinson blog has a post about the "Muppets" section: http://www.sesamestreet.org/parents/blog/-/blogs/muppets-muppets-muppets?_33_redirect=/parents/blog At first I thought it was written by Martin Robinson, and was confused when the writer listed Clementine among characters the writer had hardly known about (since Martin performed Buster who was often with Clementine), but then I saw that it was written by Martin Robinsons wife.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
SS's Twitter feed that every day in August will be dedicated to a different number or letter, so there's your answer.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's Letter A Day with Elmo.

And to make this post a little more substantial beyond saying what day it is, I'd like to talk about the new "Muppets" section.

It's interesting that they felt the need to include so many minor characters there, to the point of adding many classic clips with characters who had little-to-no clips on the site. It's interesting that Big Jeffy is actually included there (too bad Chrissy and Rockin' Richard aren't). I typed "Big Jeffy" (actually "Big Jeffie", as sesamestreet.org spells it) in a search and all that showed up are the recently-added clips with the character. I'm not surprised the other Little Jerry and the Monotones clips show up in search, but would it be possible for whoever's in charge to go back and make certain clips show up in searches for characters in clips that don't show up in search? I know that some of the Baker films had slight title changes on the site after being added (the films for 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 and 9 all were intitially titled "Baker #1" and so on, but eventually the # symbol was changed to the spelling of "Number" like with the other baker films) so it shouldn't be too hard.

I also noticed that Lefty has a page there where he's listed as "Lefty the Salesman". I kne wthat some segments showed up under "Lefty" and some under "Salesman", but didn't think "Lefty the Salesman" would show results. But Lefty's page only includes three segments, all of which are gangster segments (and one of which involves a different character named Lefty). The page mentions that he sells things to Ernie, but doesn't include any of his regular occurances. They really should make those salesman bits show up in search for Lefty or Lefty the Salesman (or add more clips with the character... Or do both).

Finally, I find it interesting that characters like Captain Vegetable, Big Jeffy, and Aristotle have pages in the "Muppets" section, but not Roosevelt Franklin (and I'm kind of surprised but kind of not that Kermit doesn't have his own page).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's Number Ten Day with The Count.

Have any of you successfully sent any e-mails to The Sesame Family Robinson blog? I've tried it a few times, but I keep having to type in some letters and numbers, and even after I do so, it still errors.