1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Seven Little Monsters FOUND

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Drtooth, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

And what about that house?! I mean... YUUUGGHHH!!! Anything like that running towards the screen would freak kids out. I know a LOT of people who posted on the "What sketches scared you" thread brought up stuff running towards the screen.

Maybe it's the tone of this sketch. Even the "scary" Muppet monsters turn out to be just wacky (Frazzle for example)... maybe if the music was more up beat and cartoony it wouldn't have came off so creepy. It seems that this isn't so much about Monsters scaring villagers as it is wacky monsters having fun. But that point doesn't come across.
  2. BornToWemble

BornToWemble Member

Well that's a given with the running and the creepy house. That's pure nightmare fuel.

Yeah I think it is definitely the tone. I don't think I was ever afraid of Where the Wild Things Are but animated in his style is definitely creepy. All the so tiny villagers running and the words about them causing trouble....it makes it come off as if they're just purposefully terrorizing people.

Also I had some sesame street book that made me terrified for Herry Monster for a while I was also terrified of Frazzle. I was born in 85 and i don't think he was still in the show a lot so I had no idea he wasn't a mean monster.