Sex and Violence

zns

Reaction score
Another special thats really interesting to me was The Muppet Show pilot Sex and Violence. When I read it in the Guide section of this website, it seemed neat and funny (including the Bert and Ernie scene). I'm surprised it almost didn't put The Muppet Show on the air. God bless you Lord Lew Grade.

beaker

Reaction score
Yep, that; JHH, SNL Gorch, and the Frawley screen tests represent some of the best and edgiest stuff JHC has ever done. Lets hope they take some ques from that wild idea time period for the new show.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Yes, more edge and less "cutesy" stuff, like KSY (from what I've heard)

Dang, I'm full of opinions today! :stick_out_tongue:

- Billy :cool:

gymkatarules

Reaction score
I've still never seen it Sex and Violence. Can you believe it? How can I find it? Anyone have an .avi of it?

-Chris

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by gymkatarules
I've still never seen it Sex and Violence. Can you believe it? How can I find it? Anyone have an .avi of it?

-Chris
Chris...I have it on VHS. I can probably send it to my friend who can get it converted to .avi, but I would charge a bit more, so it would be less for you if you just got it on VHS. Either way if your still interested in it, email me :smile:

-Matt

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Why is it called "Sex and Violence"? Is there Sex in it? I've heard of it, but I've never seen it.

Sir Didymus

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, it is "The end of Sex and Violence on Television!!" says the announcer in the beginning of the show. There is no sex of violence in it. I think it was A) to catch people's attention and to B) kind of make a total contradiction of the title. Don't question my friend, just enjoy it because it is pure genius. And get a copy of it...from me! :big_grin:

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Why is it called "Sex and Violence"? Is there Sex in it? I've heard of it, but I've never seen it<<<

What Cantus said...plus if I might add, once upon a time JHC used to be super edgy(ie: Time Piece, sex and violence, gorch, frawley screen test) Lets hope they get back to that out there creative thinking with the fox show!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Lets hope they get back to that out there creative thinking with the fox show!
I can't think of too many things that Fox WOULDN'T alloy.