Sex and Violence

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Frawley screen test

What is the Frawley screen test? Is that the same as the TMS pitch for NBC?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I just read the episode guide and The Sex and Violence show sounds so funny! I was always wondering what it was about and they're right, the title is a good attention grabber!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
I just read the episode guide and The Sex and Violence show sounds so funny! I was always wondering what it was about and they're right, the title is a good attention grabber!
It really is a brilliant work, and many times a sit and ponder what the Muppet Show would have been like if it had stuck closer to Sex and Violence. There are a good many ways I think it would have benifited. But I love TMS, and I love S&V, both differently, but both the same. (Wow, that's like, so deep maaan..) :big_grin:

-Matt

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Cantus-

How does your trading post work? Should I email you the ones i want?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Sure, just drop me an email with the titles you want and we'll work a deal out. Hope to hear from you soon. :smile:

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
>>>It really is a brilliant work, and many times a sit and ponder what the Muppet Show would have been like if it had stuck closer to Sex and Violence. There are a good many ways I think it would have benifited. But I love TMS, and I love S&V, both differently, but both the same. (Wow, that's like, so deep maaan..)<<<

Sex and violence pilot was really ahead of its time. While TMS was your 70's vaudville broadway thing...S&V was an mtv style
quick cut oddity ripe with violence(creature clubbing another creature mercilessly), swedish chef pirated satelite feeds from Japan, pro wrestling mockery, and "the very violent, and the very finanacially challenged Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem". Not to mention random popups by Crazy Harry(fresh from his Crazy Donald role on the Valentines pilot), the seven deadly sins, and that title...gotta love that title!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, I mean the violence wasn't exactly violent violence, or at least Jim and the gang didn't want it that way. If you've seen "Of Muppets and Men," Jim explains the violence of TMS:

"I am very against violence on Television, but I think people can tell the difference between violence with something that's obviously fake and reality."

I'm also pretty anti-violence on television (to some extent), and I didn't find S&V violent. It was just...genius. :smile:

-Matt