Should the Around the corner set return for SS 40th birthday....

wiley207

Reaction score
I think the whole "Around the Corner" was a pretty odd idea. The show is better when it didn't have that stuff like the Furry Arms Hotel, etc. But some of the former ATC characters have reappeared in recent seasons, like Benny the Rabbit.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! I cant believe that that was the 25 aniversary and we are now quickly approching 40! Boy,that though is making me feel kinda old.:stick_out_tongue:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I was just thinking that maybe they should at least bring back Birdland.

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
I didn't like around the corner, because it took away the mystery, and the simpleness and innocence of Sesame Street. But I must admit I did get used to it, and was kind of sad to see it go in 1998. But I don't think it's a good idea to bring it back. Like someone else mentioned, that set was used for a lot of charchters that arent even on the show anymore. I think it's just best we remember it as it was. 1993-1998, the around the corner years. Just like the first 20 years will always be remembered as the "Classic" Years.

Erine81981

Reaction score
We want it back. Then all the older newer characters can come back. Or that could bring it back and make it into a new set. Still have the playground but have newer characters but some older background characters come back. That would be good. I think.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I say bring it back I hated the fact it left in the first place...it really made sesame street interesting to me again with all the new characters.
I say bring it back but it shouldn't be the main focus of the show and neither should elmo the show is called Sesame Street not around the corner nor is it called Elmo Street which by the way the show is these days you could have fooled me...:sleep:

bluegrover

Reaction score
I dont know about that because i like the old characters better and it doesnt seem right to put new ones on there

SSLFan

Reaction score
Yes, bring it baaack!!!!

I say yes, I really liked the idea of seeing what was "beyond Sesame Street," and I loved seeing all the new sets. My favorite location had to have been the park. I would love to see Around the Corner make a comeback. But, the real question is...can Sesame Workshop manage it. I mean, as long as a furry red monster is on screen, do you think kids really care whats "Around the Corner" on Sesame Street? What do you guys think?

:grouchy: :confused: :mad: