Should there be a Sesame Street Channel?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
The way I see it the thought of an acutal Sesame Street Channel is a great idea as the show does have ALOT of history. :smile:

I say if it does come true, then I'll watch it from time to time. :insatiable:

WAYMOND

Reaction score
A SS channel would be awsome! My wife and I only allow our son to watch SS and Muppet shows/movies. I don't think I could stand Barney or Dora the Explora. There are so many seasons of Sesame Street that they could have a never ending line up of shows all day long. In mean, if other stations can run marathons of MASH, Friends, Sex and the City...why not SS?

W

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There are so many seasons of Sesame Street that they could have a never ending line up of shows all day long. In mean, if other stations can run marathons of MASH, Friends, Sex and the City...why not SS?

W
Just listen to what those 5 0r 6 angry mothers said about the Old School DVDs.

WAYMOND

Reaction score
I know this is old news but please fill me in. What exactly were the complaints with Old School? Just curious!

I have volume 1 and I think it's great. My son and I watch it all the time. I plan on getting Volume 2 this fall.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know this is old news but please fill me in. What exactly were the complaints with Old School? Just curious!

Their 1 month olds won't sit still because Elmo's not all over it. The reason why they have to put those "warning lables" on the DVD's.

I think parents need to realise kids aren't supposed to watch TV (regularly) until they're at least 3. That's the reason why baby Einstine videos don't really work.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think parents need to realise kids aren't supposed to watch TV (regularly) until they're at least 3. That's the reason why baby Einstine videos don't really work.
Ugh... Tell me about it...:stick_out_tongue:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Their 1 month olds won't sit still because Elmo's not all over it. The reason why they have to put those "warning lables" on the DVD's.

I think parents need to realise kids aren't supposed to watch TV (regularly) until they're at least 3.
And since when did we decide that?

I recall watching TV as far back as age 2.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And since when did we decide that?

I recall watching TV as far back as age 2.
A pediatric study suggests that tv can be beneficial, but only at age 3. The same study also debunked the effectiveness of the Baby Einstine videos.

That, and kids that young are too busy exploring the world around them to care about TV most of the time. There's nothing wrong with putting on a video to get loads of laundry and chores done, but it is NOT a substitute for parenting.

WAYMOND

Reaction score
I agree that TV is not a substitute for parenting. I only allow my son to watch a small selection of tv shows. Mostly, he watches SS and other Muppet DVD's.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
A pediatric study suggests that tv can be beneficial, but only at age 3. The same study also debunked the effectiveness of the Baby Einstine videos.
Right, the studies are saying that TV before 3 is basically useless and could be harmful. One expert actually said having a 1 or 2 year old watch American Idol is better than Baby Einstein because it's less flashy stimulation.

Obviously we did watch TV when we were 1 or 2 and we didn't all go insane (Well...hehe). But I'm willing to agree with the experts that say it's just not helpful to development. Kids that age (and any age) really should be exploring their world. I know I watched way too much TV as a kid (including Sesame Street), and while I had a good time, I think I have grown a little too dependant on the background noise. And am a little too impatient when reading because I'm used to quick edit TV.

I think it's OK for kids to watch TV, but there really needs to be a balance. Kids need to get involved with other children and play outside and enjoy their world.